Monday, April 7, 2008

Dedication!

I thought that this time I'll do something a little different than I have done before- I'll dedicate this post to the people who participated in the Crossfit introduction seminar, at Fighter Centre, This weekend!

Max Philipsson and I had a Crossfit introduction seminar at Fighter Centre this weekend. The thought behind the seminar was to give the people who came the tools to follow the HQ website and do the exercises the way they are supposed to be done. Another point was to get the participants to understand the thought behind Crossfit, and to open some eyes to legit vs non legit reps..
The bonus to the participants is that after having done the seminar, they are now allowed to participate in the advanced Crossfit classes at Fighter Centre!

During the seminar we covered all the basic movements to the best of our abilities, and shared the expiriences we gained from doing the Crossfit certification in Denver last year, the trip to Santa Cruz in january, and the things we have come to realize from doing Crossfit, and teaching it to our clients!

I went into this with absolutely no expectations at all, thinking that this would be a learning experience for Max and I as well as for the participants.
Well, Max and I both gained a lot of experiences, and things that we can do better the next time we do this- but the one thing that really impressed me was the people who came, and the level of dedication and enthusiasm they brought to the table- It was fantastic to see the effort everybody put into improving their squats, fronts squats, shoulder press etc. The way everyone worked to get the technique right- and adapt the exercise to their present physical fitness, was nothing short of amazing, and at the end of the day everybody had made some serious progress!

We ended up doing a WOD, and I wish I had had my camera with me so I could have shared with you the effort everyone dispalyed, it was fantastic. Noone gave up, and everyone who had finished their workout immidiately began cheering for the ones still fighting their way through the workout- It is this kind of dedication and camaraderie that makes me proud to be a part of Crossfit Sthlm!

The workout was:

Thrusters
Burpees
Sprint

21- 15- 9 of thrusters and burpees, and a sprint in between every block!

I would like to thank everyone who came to the seminar, and I look forward to being a part of your continued journey into the world of Crossfit. I look forward to seeing how you beat you previous PR's and knock seconds, and minutes of your benchmark workouts!

Thank you for a fantastic seminar- I came home feeling the exact same enthusiasm I felt when I came back from my first encounter with Crossfit, in Denver last year... Thank you for that!

Much love

No comments: