Sunday, November 8, 2009

Not the smartest cat...

.. in town!
Not the fastest moped on the docks!
Not the sharpest tool in the shed!
Not the fastest kid around the X-mas tree!
I guess what I am trying to sat is that I am not nearly as smart as I would like to think, but sometimes I am smart enough to know that something is a bad idea, even before I get started. What I am about to embark on tomorrow is exactly one of these things! So after you have read the following, please share your thoughts and experiences!

As of tomorrow the plan is to do two workouts a day! One workout will be more of a cardio vascular nature ie running, rowing intervals or distances. Basically I will try to improve my cardio vascular capacity in these workouts!
The second WoD will consist of heavy lifts, or regular WoD's mainly consisting of heavier lifts. The idea is to maintain strength, and put a bit of focus on my olympic lifts!
There is a lot more to be said about the plan behind this regimen, but I'll keep that to myself, and not bore you all to death with it, until I know how this is gong to work out, and what the effects are!

So what do you think? Those of you who have been doing something like this earlier please share your thoughts!

Today I did a workout that was on the main site a while back:

12 Power snatch 30 kg
10 Push ups
AMRAP 20 min

I got 13 rounds!

It was a lot harder than I thought it would be, to get the second pull all the way in the power snatch, after a couple of rounds- but it was a good experience, and I liked the WoD..

Gotta go now, so much love!


Mads

6 comments:

J said...

Det låter som en god idé. Jag planerar att följa crossfitendurance vilken kommer innebära två till tre dagar i veckan med dubbla wods. Mer än så klarar i alla fall inte jag av.

Bear said...

Det där är något jag försökt göra konsekvent flera gånger men som sedan floppat. Mest pga att om det ska bli bra så måste man dela upp det med några timmars vila mellan (eller?), dvs flera pass, och det är något som jag sällan är motiverad till och / eller har tid att göra.

Lycka till med planen!

Anonymous said...

Dette kan bli interessant! Gleder meg til å høre hvordan resultatene blir!
Lykke til!

Joel Krigström said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel Krigström said...

Låter bra med att satsa på cardio & tunga lyft så att du får stor variation när du ska träna så mycket. Om man är hyfsat vältränad (vilket du minst sagt är:)så är kanske tiden det tuffaste motståndet. När jag tränade "vanlig" styrketräning (isolerade övningar och hoppade över benen så ofta jag kunde:) så körde jag löpning till arbetet. På det sättet fick jag till cardion tidsmässigt och det tog inte längre tid än att åka kommunalt. Körde styrkan senare på dagen. Nu slipper jag detta då CrossFit får ihop det på 30 min:)
Ska nog testa ditt upplägg längre fram i tiden om du tyckte att det var bra.

Martin Altemark said...

Funkar bra (jag kör (inte helt konsekvent) 2-3 dubbelpass/vecka sen flera månader tillbaka) om man inte har FÖR mycket volym. Våga låta passen vara korta/lätta ibland. Cykla intensitet.