Saturday, February 7, 2009

Now add intensity!




I said I'd aim to keep the blogg alive and kicking and be back with updates as frequently as possible. The problem however is that sometimes there is just nothing to tell, and things are moving along at a steady pace- so instead of the breaking news of "fantastic feats" that you are used to- this is more of an update, so here we go!




Training has been really good lately. I have had to amove along at a very slow pace just to make sure that all the injuries I have had, would not bust open again. So I decided to sacrifice intensity and do the WOD's as rxd and see how everything responded.


Needless to say my cardio was piss poor, but that hardly came as a surprise, and the way to improve it is really basic- 3- 2- 1- GO! So in that department I have my work cut out for me!




3- 2- 1- SLOW!


Strength wise however I managed to work my way to a 5 across squat of 117,5kg without experiencing any pain during the squats or afterwards- you have no idea how good that felt!


Push press is still virtually impossible for me to do, my wrist immidiately gets swollen, och hurts.


The good news however is that I absolutely nailed the jerk! I have been feeling that it was in the making for a while but the timing has been off just a little. But I got it, owned it, tore it apart- now it is time to do it heavier and during a cardio WOD, and see if I still feel as gutsy as I do now?




In other news:-)


In 22 days I'll be going to Santa Cruz with my dear friend Micke Syd- We will be there for a week, working out at NSC, Santa Cruz and Central- gather inspiration, hang out with some of the most wondeful people in the world, learn, laugh, and just basically enjoy- I just wish more people could come along! If you have not had the chance to go to Santa Cruz yet- please start making plans, it is worth it all the way!




Rumor has it!


That in Virginia Beach a very cool cat is in the process of opening a box which will be called CrossFit Obsession!m I wish you all the luck in the world bro' and look forward to visiting with you, and seeing you in Stockholm:-)




Well folks that is all for now! It is time to add intensity to the WOD's and keep my fingers crossed that everything will hold up!




Much love




2 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Kul att skadorna blir bättre!

Unknown said...

The Virginia Beach Crossfit Obsession is up and running. http://www.crossfitobsession.com