Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back in charge!

I'd love to think that I am back in charge, however there is a slight chance that I a still a couple of yards behind the game, even if I am now the confused owner of an IMac... If nothing else this means that I now should have unlimited access to the internet!

Today I finally got the rings installed at Metropolis Gym in Kungliga tennis hallen. This meant that I could actually do a WoD I have been avoiding lately, manly because I have had nowhere to do it.. Needless to say the WoD is 30 muscle ups fort time.
I a still a bit heavy for this WoD but I feel like I am getting progressibly better at it, and today was no exception... 8.04 was the result of todays effort.
I am pretty happy with this, and feel like there is actually a chance I might actually get to he level of muscle up madness that has been displayed by the Uppsala mob and the body weight monster David... Just give me a few years!

I often get the question of what to do with a client who can not get to the bottom of the squat? I know that I have touched on this a couple of times before, but it simply cannot be done enough!
The answer is as simple as it is hard- you continue to work on the airsquat until your client can achieve full depth with good form, and do not relent! You may even go as far as t moderatly load the squat- but still work towards perfection of the squat! The only way to get better at the squat, is to practice the squat, and as a consequence your client will also achieve the flexibility to actually get to the bottom of the squat!
The problem is often that you have to get your client to understand the need to do somewhere in the neighborhood of a trillion squats before you can begin to actually really load the squat!

Well- I have to get back to learning how to operate a Mac, after a life spent with PC..

Much love

Mads

5 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Welcome to our side. And 8 minute 30 MUs is impressive! As you said you're not exactly 75kgs. Not calling you fat but... ;-)

Richard said...

Bra Mads!

Själv havererade jag totalt i mitt försök att i alla fall göra de 120 Pull-upsen och Dipsen.

Vi ses i morgon.

David Englund said...

Snyggt wodat med 8min, der är ett hyffsat stort PR va?
Vad väger du nuförtiden Mads?

Bear said...

Haha, skit i vikten, det är ju resultatet som räknas och 8 min är ju jättebra!

Sven Isaksson said...

Bra kommentar ang. squats-- har själv övat febrilt med hjälp av David och nu sitter de och jag kan utvecklas rejält i OHS!