Saturday, June 20, 2009

Germany and ugly Grace!

I hope you all had a fantastic "Midsommar", in the rain, and got to enjoy some of the fine swedish traditions that come along with this ancient rite of passage into the shorter days and incoming darkness!
Due to the celebration of this day, I have been of the grid a couple of days, and I have to admit that I will be of the grid for a couple of days to come! I will be going to Germany to work as a trainer on a couple of certs. I will definately try to get online and share some of what is going on in Germany, but I cant promise that I'll have access to a computer every day- but my promise is that I will blogg as soon as I get a chance!

Since I have been nowhere near the Zone the last coulpe of days, I thought that I'd give Grace a shot today, and put it down to experience when it all went to hell!
Well, it was probably the ugliest Grace performance in the history of CrossFit, maybe even in the history of ligting things of the ground- but once I was done Jenny informed me that I had done it in 03:50 min which is a new PR for me! Imagine my surprise!
There is no way that I can contribute this to the carbohydrate loading I have done over the last couple of days- but it did open my eyes to the fact that I may actually get below 03:30 within a foreseable future, since this was nowhere near the way I know I can actually perform a Grace..
So there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it it not the oncomming train:-)

I know I promised to get into the Abmat discussion now, but I will have to save that until later, since I have to go pack and get ready for a VERY early flight tomorrow!

Until next time

Much love

Mads

3 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Galet bra! Grattis!

Hur bryter du?

Ha det bra i Tyskland

Anonymous said...

Tackar!
Jag kör 5:or- hela vaägen till malet, men var tvungen att vila lite för länge pa slutet!

Hoppas du far en super semester med familjen!

//Mads

Bear said...

Bra jobbat, bra tid! Jag tänkte också testa femmor nästa gång. Tjo!