Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A couple of experiences richer!


Not too much has happened this last week, that would qualify as earth shattering news, but at the same time I have had a couple of experiences that will definately make working out and keeping a strict diet a lot easier in the future!


Epiphany 1!


Jenny and I started the full on Zone diet last week. I have always wanted to give it a try after hearing about the fantastic results everyone on it have made, The problem for me however, has always been that I have never felt that I had the time to sit down and get truly aquinted with the diet- and I have had so many things to do, that finding time every night to weigh my food, and prepare for the next day, felt like an impossibility.

So when Jenny decided to commit to the Zone 100%, and said that she would actually make the meals for me, I was stoked- to say the least. I am fully aware of the time and work that goes into preparing ONE persons meals, let alone two.. Jenny is an amazing person, and I am blessed to have her in my life.

We have discussed the particulars of entering the Zone with Brendan before, and closer at hand we have the diet encyclopedia Jonna (she honestly knows everything worth knowing about dieting- just look at her blog in the links colum) so we had a pretty good picture of how to get started, and how to divide our blocks.

Everything went really well, even if my mood was absolutely horrible all week, my body felt great, and I actually managed to get a new PR on 30 muscle ups 9:49. The problem however is that people around me were paying the price of my foul mood. The whole thing got to a peak on sunday, after I had had my cheat day on Saturday.. I was like an angry bee- hoovering around looking to pick a fight!

A short analysis by the diet wizard came to the conclusion that I needed to eat a clean diet(without counting blocks), with the ingredients of the Zone, for a week, to detox from the carbs, and then try to start putting my food on the scale, for a full on Zone.. I feel much better already!

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week will go as planned and that I can begin Zoning monday next week!


Epiphany 2!


I told you all earlier that I was planning on taking it easy, in order to get back to full strength before going full on in the workouts again.

I have had that plan before, and never actually managed to stick to it. I have always felt that it was time to increase the intensity and the loads way to early. The result being that I have always carried some little part of the injury/cold etc with me- never really being 100% fit.. Well, this time I think I just might have learned my lesson. I have been taking it pretty easy, and allowed common sense to overcome my ego in the workouts. This has resulted in great workouts at something like 60-70% of the capacity I think I have- and I think that both shoulders/knees and a couple of other things that have been bothering me, are actually getting better.

For now I will not speculate as to when I'll be completely up and running again- but it sure feels better. I only wish I had listened to my body before.. 33 years old and still getting wiser:-)


Well, for now that is all, but I promise to be back shortly...


Much love


Mads

No comments: