Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ryan!


Todays WOD was hard!


I just wanted to share the experience of todays WOD with you. I got my ass handed to me by a couple of really fantastic athletes, and fought my way through it..


Todays WOD was Ryan:


7 Muscle ups

21 Burpees

5 rounds for time:


Jenny and I did the WOD together at CrossFit Sthlm. A couple of minutes before we were about to hit it, we found out that the place where the rings are was boked for a seminar, so we had to sub the muscle ups for 3 pull ups and 3 dips. The place is hugely popular, so these things happen- and as coach says " we train for the unknown and the unknowable!" So suddenly the WOD was:


21 Pull ups

21 Dips

21 Burpees

5 rounds for time!


From the beginning the WOD was hard, but this just made it harder. Since I started getting problems with my shoulder again, I have taken it really easy on the pull ups, so doing a WOD with 105 of them felt pretty scary. However this was a hero WOD, so nothing in the world could keep me from doing it.


I went first, and immidiately got in trouble. My time was a humbling experience:

30:21 min


The Jenny did it! She is a freak of nature, and a fantastically gifted athlete, her time:

24:51 min


I am currently "compeating" with Karl Steadman from CrossFit Manchester, who is an equally gifted athlete, who just recently got a 5 rep squat of 102,5 kg- at 68kg body weight- just to give you an idea af the capacity this guy has.. It is a brilliant opportunity to be able to compare WOD results with such inspirational people..

Karl did the WOD with muscle ups, and got an amazing 19:56 min.. Congratulations on a stellar effort my friend!


I thought I'd treat you to a picture from the cert in Manchester. It was not all squats! And here is proff that my danish genes can't be denied:-)


Until next time


Much love

No comments: