Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Keeping it short...

Yesterday it was time to gut it out and get back on the reservation- with Cindy!

I did the workout with Micke Syd and Jenny at Haga, and actually felt really good about the workout. I was looking forward to getting back into the groove of things after having been on the sidelines for a couple of weeks- afterwards I wondered what the hell had happened?

I got 18 rounds 5 pull ups and 8 push ups!

I was on fire the first 10 rounds, and then I just crashed and burned! I dont know what it was that did me in, but I had no power at all! The only thing that really worked was the pull ups, everything else just hurt:-)
So just like I said yesterday- I had to gut it out, and just take one rep after the other until the buzzer went of and I was saved by the bell!

At first I had no clue what had happened, and trying to explain why my effort was that bad, when I had felt so ready for this workout, seemed impossible- until it dawned on me that I have been "cherry picking" for a couple of weeks, and avoided the WoD's that would put me in the places I really dont like to be- and as you know "we fail at the boundries of our comfort zones"! rude awakening! I just have to follow the WoD's religiously and get back into the suck!

jenny absolutely tore it up and did 19 rounds, and looked like she could have gone faster, but she paced herself via me, which was her demise on that one- sorry honey!
Micke got 12 rounds and looked really good doing it- he kept great intensity all the way to the finish line- super proud of his effort!

Well- today is the clean and jerks on the minute- that will be fun!

Much love

Mads

1 comment:

Bear said...

Haha, "get back into the suck", det längtar jag också efter!