Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer laziness...

... I wish I could have come up with a fantastic excuse as to why I have not been blogging lately, but then again as you all know excuses are like opinions and assholes- everybody has one! So I'll just leave it at that and move on to the good stuff!

I have been following the .com WoDs lately hitting them as hard as I possibly could, which has resulted in some serious ass whopping, and not the kind that leaves me cheering that I am the greatest while the "eye of the tiger" music mysteriously appears from nowhere, nop- it has been the kind that leaves you in a heep on the floor, wondering if anyone caught the number of the truck that just ran over you!

Randy!
That is where it began. I honestly looked at the video of the dear mr Everett doing the Wod, and thought something along the lines of- " add a minut to that and you have my score! I think he did it in like 2:28!
To even think something like that is just downright rude, and I should probably just start by making excusses, but you know how I feel about excuses!
I finished in 6 min flat- and it hurt! I would have never thought that my grip would take such a beating from 75lbs! I almost lost the bar in the transition on more than one occation, and when I finally got to goal- my forearms were shot to pieces...
Hmm lesson number one!

Badger!
This was where I got my second ass whooping! I knew from previous encounters that this little sucker hurts, but I have always been able gut it out and get through it in a decent time- however this was diffferent all together!
I started out hard and felt like I tore through the first round like the beast I would like to think I am (though that little conspiracy theory has been proven wrong more than once, I like to hang on to it), and everything was going fine until I hit the second round of squat cleans! The hearing was first to go, shortly after which my vision started getting blurred, and my balance went to shit- I have no clue what happened, but I started toying with the thought of tapping out, when I remenbered Tony Budding's comment when he challanged Freddie to a shoulder press show down- "Sometimes it's more important to be a man than to be right!"- so I decided to gut it out, which took me all of 43min and some change.... Horrible effort, but I finished, and that has to count for something!

Tabata Row!
Martin and Björn of CrossFit Uppsala began racing each other with tabata rows, and in some strange way I got drawn into this little feud- so yesterday was all about tatata rows for me. All I can say is that it hurt, and it was nowhere as fun as I know you all thought it sounds!
I got 860m, and I hope I don't have to do this again in anytime soon!

Question:
In this years individual games there will be 5 events on the first day! After the first two events the bottom 10 participants will be cut from the competition! Is that fair? Should not someone who has travelled half way around the world to participate in the Games and paid for this themselves, be allowed to articipate in all the WoD's, or do you think it is ok that this person is cut as soon as it is apparent that he/she can not win the competition? Where do you stand?

Untill next time

Much love

4 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Grymt jobbat dansken! 6 minuter är ju inte dåligt, och squat cleans är det värsta som finns & framförallt: 860 jävla meter!

Martin Altemark said...

Jag håller också med om det du antyder om crossfit games. Jag ser ändå inte att tävlingar i crossfit säger så mycket, så varför inte försöka göra dom roliga och något för alla som är där?

Bear said...

Rolig läsning och bra jobbat. Insåg att jag hade väl fått samma upplevelse om jag haft möjlighet att göra "Badger". Sen så "Randy", hmm, jag trodde fan jag kunde få typ 6 min...nu blev jag sugen att jaga ;)Rodden är väl bara att buga och bocka, men jag tänker fasen ge dig en utmaning någon gång i framtiden, jag ger mig inte!!! :)

Ang CF-Games så gör de väl så för att det annars hade varit en logistisk mardröm. Sen så kanske det inte hade varit nödvändigt att ha fem pass under en dag. Oh, well, inom kampsportsvärlden kan man ju tex åka långväga för att sedan bara stryka med i första matchen i en turnering så det är ju inget nytt fenomen.

Marcus Evaldsson said...

Tjena Mads! Ville bara säga tack för en mycket intressant eftermiddag i Fredags och "the invisible Fran" satte sig fint i benen idag. Lycka till i Framtiden så ses vi nog fler gånger om livet utvecklar sig som jag vill här i Göteborg.

Vänliga hälsningar Marcus!