Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back from Italy!

Once again I have been gone for a while and it seems that it has become a part of my MO to get lost for a while, every once in a while!
I just got back from Italy and a fantastic level 1 cert yesterday! This time we went to Milan to CrossFit Italy. What a fantastic facility they have. It was the kind of place you would love to live at. The ground floor was a box that had everything you could possibly want from a box- every single piece of kit theheeart desires was in that place. Then you could take the stares up to the upper floor where you couls look down onto the box and the people who worked out there, while you elaxed in designer couches and enjoyed an espresso.
CrossFit Italy had also rented another facility that they were in the process of adding as an additional space for their box! It was just around the cornor, and once again it was packed with everything you could ever ask for in a box!

Not only do CrossFit Italy have some of the coolest facilities I have seen in a long time they also produce a bunch of very high end equipment themselves- so if you are ever in the market for slush pipes- plyo boxes, rubber bands for pull ups, sand bags, etc you may just want to hit these guys up- they are in the loop, and can supply you with everything:-)

I would just like to thank our hosts for taking such good care of us, it was unreal! Thank you for your hospitality and opening your box to us. It is greatly appreciated!

During the weekend I did get a couple of workouts in, but I felt worn out and somehow managed to mismanage my time to the extent where I had to go without lunch friday, saturday, and sunday- at the same time as I more or les had to live of protein bars, which is not my preferred choise of fuel before workouts. This is all my own fault however, and I will just have to plan better for the next cert!

One workout I did get in that I was happy with when it was over, was a lovely little couplet:

500m row
20 wall balls
3 rounds for time
10:12

I guess it is not the fastest time in he worls, but is sure got the work done. I was on my ass after that one!

Today is a rest day, and I am pondering what to do with my programming! The two workout a day gig is getting hard to keep up, and I have talked to Martin 'Darth Vader' Altemark about changing it up to doing 2 workouts monday, tuesday, wednesday, then rest thursday then do 1 workout friday and saturday, and then rest sunday..
Suggestions are greatly appreciated, so fire away!

Much love

3 comments:

Richard said...

Welcome home friend.

Bear said...

Eh, he´s your father? ;)

Unknown said...

Bra post!

Husk! Restitusjon er den beste trening!
Har selv positiv erfaring med å ta bort et pass/ "aktiv" hvile etter en periode med mye trening.
Lykke til!