Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Split jerks!

So the time had come to get back on the horse and start bustin' out some WoD's again! So I began the day with running some 400m intervalls at different inclinations on the treadmill!
I am not the best runner in the world, but I do enjoy these intervalls, at least after they are are over, and it feels like I am improving my capacity over longer distances as well after having done these intervalls! So I think I will just keep on doing things like that- God only knows I need it!

The second workout of the day was the 1- 1- 1- 1- 1- 1- 1 split jerks! I have not done singles in a while, so I had no clue what to expect! All I knew was that I wanted to really own the lift, and get a perfect landing in every single lift!
I worked my way up to 100kg, and nailed that lift with an ease that I had not expected! Still in complete shock after having gotten the 100kg lift, I decided to let it rip and went for 110kg! Needless to say I missed that lift, I was not into it and did not have the required focus, but it feels like it is within reach..
I am going to try to get some more lifts at 100kg, to try to get comfortable with the weight, and then try to move up!

After the lift I felt pretty good, and decided that I needed to do some squat clean and jerks- and worked my way up to 90g.. this is another lift that I have not done for a while, so 90kg felt pretty good, and I decided to leave it at that!

Super stoked with the workouts, and maybe this weekend of complete deacay was just what the doctor ordered!

Much love

7 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

You're strong my friend, but it seems totally insane to set a PR and then raise with another _10_ percents! :-)

Bear said...

Aaa, that reminds me of the day of setting my OHS-record, then i PRed all the way from 60 to 80 kg. I raised almost 10 % each lift ;)

Good work buddy!

Richard said...

Nice done M!!

Mads Jacobsen said...

Martin- I never said I was smart like you! Just that I want to be like you:-)

Martin Altemark said...

Dude, when I can get 100kg's over my head I promise to let you know. Until then I am just the weak dude here...

Unknown said...

A cool even 100, nice work :)

Sam

Jon Ivmark said...

Strong and impressive, as always!