Thursday, April 17, 2008

Jenny is going to the games!

Before I get into my usual rant about my workouts, thoughts, results etc. I just have to share the most fantastic news with you!

Today Jenny just got the ok to go and compete in the Crossfit games in Aromas i july!

When Jenny, Rasmus and I were in Santa Cruz in january, Annie (Jenny's biggest idol) asked Jenny if she would compete in the Crossfit games? She thought Jenny would do really good in the competition, and probably end up in the top part of the womens division!
So needless to say We have both entertained the thought on more than one occation. The problem however has always been that we could not afford such a trip this year, with us moving, doing the certification in Manchester in september, and getting married in Thailand in january, there is just no room for an extra expense like that..
But today Sturebadet Haga decided that they would pay for her to go and compete! I can not begin to tell you how happy I am that Jenny is getting a chance like that! She will do great, and being the fantastic athlete she is- I am sure that she will tear up the competition!

Needless to say, I would have loved to join her and compete at the games, even if my chances of success are minimal- however it would have been a fantastic experience.. But that she get's to go is huge, and I am absolutely thrilled for her! You rule!


Lately I have been working my ass off, and for some reason it has not had any impact on my diet! I have been able to plan my meals and follow the plan pretty well. The problem is that my workouts have been suffering from all the work!
The last 3 days I have done the following workouts:

April 15th:

"Quarter Gone Bad"

Five rounds for total reps of:

135 pound Thruster,
15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
50 pound Weighted pull-up,
15 seconds
Rest 45 Seconds
Burpees,
15 seconds
Rest 45 seconds

Post total reps for all five rounds to comments

I did the thrusters with 60kg and 24kg on the weighted pull ups- my accumulated score 87
I thought my cardio would be the problem, but the weight was the killer...


April 16th

"Nancy"
Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

Post time to comments

My time: 16:05

I am actually pretty happy with my result. This was the first time I did all the Overhead squats in unbroken sets..


April 17th

"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds
Ring dips

Post time to comments

My time 9:38

This was brutal, and the first time I did the WOD as rxd', I have always scaled the weights, so this was new. I actually feel I could do better the next time I do this, but for today I am just happy to get through on the perscribed weight!

Well, I get back to celebrating that Jenny is going to the games!

Much love

Mads

3 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Elizabeth as RXd (with squat cleans) under 10 minutes is impressive. Great job!

Also really cool with a swedish participant i CFG! I keep telling my good friend that he should go and compete, I think he could place himself pretty good. Maybe someday I'll be successful at that... Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hvor super sejt at Jenny skal deltage.
Hun er verdens dejligste og skønneste og mest seje svigerdatter;-))
Jeg ved, hvor meget du også gerne ville, Mads, men jeg ved også, at du er utrolig glad og stolt på Jennys vegne.

Mor xxoo

B-Boy said...

That is so great to hear the news. Annie and I spoke yesterday and she was the first to tell me. I will be at the games as well and it would be so killer if your whole family made it out. I totally understand the finance thing but remember that you guys are more than welcome to stay with us while here anytime you make it out.

It is great to see how good you guys are doing.

B-boy