Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Detox!

After having spent 5 days with my family in Denmark over easter, I desperately need detox! Denmark is fantastic, and spending time with my family is wonderful- but there is something rotten in the state of Denmark!
It is virtually impossible to eat a healthy meal! Not that it is impossible to open your mouth and physically eat a healthy meal- there simply is nothing healthy to eat! Everything is covered in sugar, fat, fat and sugar, fast carbs everywhere you go, and none of the ingredietns you would usually find in an "eat clean diet" or in "the zone"... I was in this devils pit for 5 days!

The truth is that I could have modified my intake of these toxins, but I chose not to and enjoyed spending time with my family, and gave absolutely no thought at all to my diet- Now it is time to get back one the horse, and ride that thing until the legs fall of:-)

So for the last two days since my return I have been back to an " eat clean diet" which basically means that if you can't pick it of the ground or a tree, or kill it and eat it within an hour- you probably should not eat it!
This is of course a truth with modifications, but I am trying to stay away from everything that is prefab, and just eat clean foods.. Its not quite the zone since I don't count my blocks, but I plan to get to the Zone- and this is a great way to get there! And I feel fantastic when I eat like this!

I have also gotten back on track with my training, So the day before yesterday I did:

30 muscle ups for time: 15:47

Not a fantastic time by any means, but I am perfectly happy to be able to bust these suckers out just now, and I feel like there is room for improvement..

Yesterday I did:

" Barbara"

Pull ups 20
Push ups 30
Sit ups 40
Squats 50

- 5 laps. Time every lap, and rest 3 minutes between each lap

R1 4:26
R2 5:30
R3 6:58
R4 8:09
R5 7:06

This is by no means impressive. But I pride myself that all my reps were legit, and that I actually got through the workout. The last time I did Barbara I ran head first into pukie after my 3 lap, this time I actually finished...

Well my friends, this is all for today- I hope that you are all well, and look forward to sharing with you..

Much love

No comments: