Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sometimes you can't see the forest...

.... because of trees standing in your way!

I sometimes have the pleassure of being invited to give lectures, on pretty much everything that has to do with fitness, nutririon, rehabilitation, training etc. today was one of these days. I was invited to give a lecture on Well being- Wellness- Fitness, and how you make each of these elements a part of your everyday life. More importantly it was a lecture on how you move from one to the other, and remain there striving towards the next level, instead of regressing back to where you came from..

It was during the epilog of this lecture that I managed to formulate what is the most important in making the transition from one to the other, in maintaining momentum in your training, diet, development in general.
The key to getting anywhere and sustaining your gains, is right there in front of you all the time, but ever so often you focus on a million small things that you think are important, and never get to where you wanted to go, simply because you have not gotten the basics right!
The answer ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple:

In order to succede you have to make sure that your goals correspond with your inventment/ sacrifice.

It sounds simple, but more often than not I find that the investment people are willing to make is nowhere near the goal that they are expecting to get to..
One example is the person who decides to work out twice a week, not change their diet at all, and still honestly expect to loose weight!
Another great example is the fighter who expects to domonate his weight division, but only comes to practice twice a week!
Even more obvious, but along the same lines- the person who plans what to do with the lottery millions, but never goes and buys a single ticket!

I have been trying for the longest time to pinpoint the single most important thing you have to focus on if you want to achieve your goals, and never come up short in the end. I think I have fianlly found the Holy Graal, simply make sure that the investment you make corresponds with your goal, and vise versa..
If you want to loose weight- follow a strict diet and workout regimen- and you will reach your goals.
Do you want to dominate your weight class- come to every single practise you can, and take pains in getting to a few that you never thought you could make it to!

Buy the lottery ticket!

It sounds simple, but so many people I have come across have not done the math themselves, and come up wanting.. Don't let that be you:-)


Unfortunately I am still completely floored by the cold I caught the other day- but I feel like I might be on the way to getting better, and I am making plans as to what I am going to do when I get back... I still have some goals ( I have heeps ) and I will post some of them when I get back to training, so that you can keep me to them:-) and hopefully race me towards them..


Much love..

3 comments:

Shari Baby said...

I am so fired up that you are blogging Mads and you can bet that I will be on this blog everyday to see what my brother is up to. I can't even tell you how lucky I feel to have such an amazing friend and I am happier than you can imagine for you and Jenny. Get yourself feeling better so you can get back to completely tearing shit up......B-boy

Shari Baby said...

Mads.....I accidently posted as Shari. I can't read any of this crazy language so I don't see whereI switch who I am posting as....B-boy

Mads Jacobsen said...

B-Boy,

Happy to see that you made it to my blogg. As i'm sure you have already seen, yours and Shari's blogg has been an inspiration, in getting my own blogg started.. Thank you!

Just made some adjustments, so now it should all be in english, so you know what you have written, and where:-)

Looking forward to getting back to full strength again, so I can start posting some heart breaking WOD's again, and begin competing with you...

Good looking out

//Mads