Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Knowing your body...

... will work for you as well as against you...

I had it all planned out! I had planned what time I was going to workout. I had planned my meals perfectly so that I could optimize my workout. I felt really good about actually having completed yesterdays WOD. All in all I felt ready to rip through the todays WOD- the filthy fifty!
Then I wake up with a sore throught, laboured breathing, elevated body temperature, and a complete loss of power! I am officially on my way to getting a cold, unless I take it easy, and nurse myself for a couple of days.. Needles to say this was not what I had in mind when I planned my day, yesterday!

So today I did'nt work out at all- all day long I had an internal argument , but I would like to think that reason finally prevailed over my hurt pride and ambition!

Knowing your body will sometimes be what gets you through the most insane workouts, with a fantastic score to show for your efforts! However, there will be days like these, when you just have to accept that your best friend needs some looking after. I guess the only thing you can do is thank your lucky star that you know your body so well that you dont have to become all out ill, before you realize where you are headed!

Even if I did'nt get to work out I still had a fantastic workout-related expierience today. I held a crossfit class at fighter centre today- and the development in the gruop is amazing.. I remember when the group started a few months ago. Most of the people in the class had a hard time getting shoulder rolls and regular air squats to work for them. Today, I saw most of these people getting really good looking overhead squats! Now thats amazing considering how short a period of time these people have been exposed to crossfit! I am profoundly impressed with their progress and dedication- I cant wait to see where we will be in 6 months!

The workout we did today was- Tabata with a twist-

Tabata squats
Tabata push ups
Tabata sit ups

With a clock running 12 min, we did 8 intervalls of 20 second squats, 10 seconds rest. Then we went straight into the push ups, and then moved straight into the sit ups. The twist however was that the 10 seconds rest was executed in the botton position of the squat, when doing squats- in the bottom position of a push up, during the push ups- and during the sit ups, we raised our legs from the ground and tightened our abs, during the rest.. Tabata with a twist!

I'll go take care of my oncoming cold, and keep my fingers crossed that tomorrow I'll feel a lot better..

Much love

No comments: