Monday, March 3, 2008

Surround yourself...



... with positive power people!




I honestly believe that one of the keys to becoming a better father, athlete, businessman/woman etc. is to always surround yourself with positive power people. These are the people who never fail to make you want to be better, faster, more honest, eager to learn, share etc. and an altogether better person.


I have been blessed with a bunch of these people who, all in their own unique way, make me want to improve in everything I do!




This blogg is as much a tribute to these people as it is an attempt to share my thoughts on Crossfit, fitness, diets, mma and life altoghther!




Here is a picture of some of these people.

I met Brendan and Annie at the Crossfit certification in Denver last year, and since then we have kept in touch. They are truely inspirational! They are not only some of the finest athletes I have ever met, they are also some of the most genuinly friendly people I have ever come across. Their efforts and willingness to share workouts, experiences and thoughts have been a phenomenal inspiration in my work and my training in general, and for that I am truly grateful! I appreciate their sucess and progress as if it were my own!

The other people in the picture are my better half Jenny and our son Rasmus. They have changed my life dramatically, and because of them my life has become more complete than I ever thought it could have been, a couple of years ago.

Beside being a fantastic athlete, who pushes me to always giving my all in every workout, Jenny is also the finest human being I have ever come across, and I love her dearly. Jenny has a way of always bringing out the best in me, even if it takes a while to get it out. For the patience and profound intrest in always making everyone around her excell- she is without a doubt the greatest power person in my life. Älskling- our journey has just begun and I am eternally happy to be on this journey with you!

Rasmus is our son, the love/pride I feel everytime I see him is beyond words!


Power people make you grow and excell in everything you do. They all contribute in their own unique way. It sometimes takes a while to understand what makes them power people, but that may just as well be your own limitations that are blinding you..


Workout!


Today I did "Linda":


Deadlift 120 kg

Bench Press 90kg

Clean 60 kg


10- 9- 8- 7- 6- 5- 4- 3- 2- 1


Time 29:08


I went heavier than I have ever gone before on the dead lifts, and I have to be honest and admit that the technique left quite a bit to be desired. The reps were legit, but since form has to come before everything else, I have to admit that I need to get better at going this heavy! Next time I will put even more emphasis on getting it 100% right, even if it means that I have to sacrifice my time!


After that I did 50 knees to elbows, divided into 5 x 10 reps.. I try to do some sort of exercise to improve my mid line stability and core strength everytime I work out.


I will hopefully be back tomorrow..


Much love









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kæreste Mads.
Hvor er det flot. Jeg er stolt af dig.

Mor ooxx