Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pick your friends- and results..

Once again it has been a while since I actually got around to publishing the results of our hard work. I promise you however that this is not because we have not been working out.. I have just been a lazy fart- my solem promise to you is that I will make a point of getting better!

In order to avoid making this the longest and most boring post ever- I have decided to just post the day and the score.. On the days where something interesting happened, I will make a small comment.. You will find the WOD's in the post " I challenge you".

Before we get into the results though, I would like to share some brutal insight that has dawned on me during the summer, and I will spend at least a couple of months implementing it in my life!
A while back I wrote about- Power People- and the fantastic impact these people have on our lives. I even listed some of the people I find to be my power people, and described why they are power people to me.. I also tried to encourage you to let the power people around you know that they are indeed power people to you- we all need a pad on the back and to know that people we care for appreciate us is the ultimate pad on the back, and it encourages to continue to be a role model, positive inspiration, and a power person..
I have really made an effort to make these people feel appreciated, and let them know how much they mean to me. Now it is time to take the next step!
During the summer I have realized that I need to exclude some people from my friendship! These are the people who everytime we have met, leave me with a feeling of being drained. The people who care only for themselves, and seem incapable of walking that extra mile, just to make sure that someone else thrives/excells. The kind of people who can't enjoy the progress of other people, and immidiately find a flaw in the small step forward that I have made. The list goes on, but I am sure you know exatcly who I am talking about- and if you take a second, you just might come up with a few in your surroundings as well..

I have already begun letting some of these people know that I no longer have room for them as my friends, and why I feel the way I do.. It is a painful process, because you have to point out the flaws of others, and nobody will like it when you do. Some will react by getting angry, and immidiately attacking you- while others will be sad, and just take of..
Some however will take your point of view to heart, and wonder why things have become the way they have.. To these people I will always be there when they want to be my friends again, and a second beginning, with mutual respect and growth is just around the cornor..
The others- I will be richer without.

I am not saying that this is a solution that fits everyone. Not everyone wants to have that talk with people whom they used to call friends, and instead they will choose another approach to the problem- but my advice is to sort out who your real power people/ friends are, and part from the leachees!

It's time to clean up..

Back to business:

Day 9- Jenny- 15:33 min
Mads- 15-42 min

Day 10- Jenny ME push ups 50/ pull ups 15 (chest to bar)
Mads ME push ups 51/ pull ups 15 (chest to bar)

Day 11- Jenny 26:43
Mads 25:21

Day 13- Jenny- 73,6kg
Mads- 119kg ( heaviest set of 3 reps)

Day 14- "GI-Jane"
Jenny- 12:25
Mads- 12:33

Day 15- Jenny 6:50 min
Mads 6:28 min

Day 17- "Christine"
Jenny- 12:22
Mads- 12:42 ( Jenny is just so fast- it's fantastic)

Day 18- A new personal record!
Snatches 10- 10- 10- 10- 10-
Mads 45kg- 50kg- 55kg- 60kg- there should have been one more set, but I tore my hands pretty bad on the last set..

Day 19- Jenny- 28:51min
Mads- 27:00

Well, it is still a lesson in getting my ass licked when it comes to fast met con WOD's, but I am getting better, and having someone to chase makes it so much more fun!

For now that is all

Much love

Mads

No comments: