Monday, October 13, 2008

Deads, and a bit of magic!


Lately I have been hearing from all different kinds of places, that the magic is in the numbers! Mostly this has been related to the financial crisis that is roaming the world, but somehow a shred of this truth (if it really is the truth) has found it's way into my training! Before you think I've gone even more mental than usual- let me explain!


Do you remember feeling like you would never get that 100kg squat? You would get to 97,5kg and it would feel like you owned it. But when you put on that last 2,5kg it suddenly felt like the weight of the world was on your shoulders, and there was no way to stick that lift!

Well, the 3 rep deadlift with 170kg is like that to me these days! I have been wanting to nail it for a while now, but everytime I get to the last lift something happens, and I have to stop just one rep from completion!


Here is how todays WOD went:


Deadlift: 3-3-3-3-3

120kg- 140kg- 150kg- 160kg- miss at 170kg


The first two lifts at 170kg went really well, and even if they were not the best looking lifts I have ever managed, they were legit. But when I went for the last lift I just got stuck in the middle. As if this was'nt bad enough my left knee made an odd sound, and suddenly I lost all power in my right leg! Needless to say I dropped the weight and once again found myself so close to the magic number that I could almost smell it.. Like I said the magic is in the numbers!


I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the knee will feel ok tomorrow, and wish for better luck next time around..


Thats all for now, but I'll try to be back tomorrow


Much love

Ps.. I'm a sucker for beanies and cool t-shirts!

2 comments:

Jon Ivmark said...

I know the feeling. You'll get there though. Maybe you should try 165 or 162,5 first? Baby steps.

I like the fact that you are back to following the main site wods. Your results gives me something to shoot for.

Keep up the great work!

Jon

Mads Jacobsen said...

Jon!

Tack för att du läser bloggen, och de snälla orden..

Jag känner mig dock rätt säker på att du går om mig inom en mycket snar framtid, om inte du redan har gjort det? Med din focus, din teknik, och din envishet finns det inget stop...

Jag tror du har helt rätt med baby steps, jag ska nog testa det nästa gång!

//M