Tuesday, October 14, 2008

HSPU???

Today's WOD on the HQ site was:

For time:
135 lb Squat clean, 10 reps
50 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 8 reps
40 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 6 reps
30 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 4 reps
20 GHD Sit-ups
135 lb Squat clean, 2 reps
10 GHD Sit-ups
So What am I rambling on about?

There are a couple of reasons why I had to change todays WOD into something that could be done within the confines of my home!
The first is that the heir to the throne and eternal love of my life, has been at home for the last two days with a stomach ache! Yesterday Jenny stayed at home with him, and today after lunch it was my turn to make sure he got everything he needed:-)
The second reason is that I was a little uncertain of the condition of my knee! It was nowhere near normal this morning. Some angles were perfectly ok, while others hurt like nothing I have ever experienced before. So I decided that Squat Cleans probably were not to be recommended! I went with a little challenge that I would like to extend to anyone else who has a day of, or just want to mess with me by beating my time... I know there are some truly amazing athletes who check in on this blog from time to time- please feel free to humble me once again!

Todays WOD for me was:
50 Hspu for time: My time 09:46 min!

I have no clue if that is any good or not, but it was hard as hell, and I had to redo quite a few just because I did'nt make it all the way to the ground.. I'll have to try again some time and compare!

Another funny thing happened today that I would like to share with you. Yesterday I posted another freaky picture of myself, and added that I love cool t-shirts and beanies.. Today in the mail I got a package from our friends at Crossfit Manchester Rachel and Karl.. In the package was some fantastic chocolate that is bound to send me to Zone-hell and taste-heaven! The package also had a beanie! How much joy can you put in one package- I thank you form the bottom of my heart!
If anyone feels like getting one of these beanies, or one of the performance enhancing t-shirts they happen to have at Crossfit Manchester, please visit their website www.crossfitmanchester.com and order one or two right away.
We bought a couple when we were in Manchester at the cert, and they are great! Equal to anything I have bought in Santa Cruz- and thats saying a lot..

Well, for now that is it, but I will try to be back tomorrow

Much love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamen er det ikke mit elskede barnebarn der allerede helt "frivilligt" gør det samme som mor og far ;-))).Hvor sej han er den lille trold...

Knus
mor/farmor

Jenny said...

Ja, " frivilligt:-) En hysterisk Mamma som står och skriker. Stackars barn:-)

Unknown said...

Haha, han är väl för söt! Och duktig! Jag känner att Loke och Rasmus måste umgås mer, han kommer att vara en bra förebild för Loke...

Much Love /Jens