Monday, October 27, 2008

Surprise- another Challenge!

By now you have either come to the point where you could not be bothered with another challenge, or you have taken a strange kind of fondness to challenges! Either way I think you have understood where I stand!

For a while now I have had the pleassure of sharing results and experiences with Karl Steadman from CrossFit Manchester.. The man is an absolute stud, and a fantastic athlete- it has been a pleassure to have this opportunity to run along side an athlete like him, and I hope that I have managed to bring some kind of enthusiasm , if nothing else to his WOD's??
We have decided to take things to another level, and let me do the programming one month, and then Karl will do the programming one month! This should ensure that we both get to work on our programming skills, and we get to do some WOD's we have never done before? Any way we turn this it should be an learning experience!

So I'll present the first 3 days of the challenge here. Starting tomorrow:

Day 1
Overhead squat
15-15-15-15-15-4 reps

Day 2
"Helen"
Run 400m
KB-swing 24kg 21 reps
Pull ups 12 reps (Chest-to-bar)
3 rounds for time!

Day 3
For time Row 5 k

Day 4 rest

I hope you will join in on the challenge, and post your results here..

Much love

11 comments:

Mads Jacobsen said...

Decided to rest the firt day due to a cold, but since Karl did such an amazing jobb I had to get busy today.. So I'll do two WOD's today..

day 1
40kg 45kg 50miss 50kg 60kg and the 4 reps at 80kg

Looking forward to "Helen" later today..

Jonna said...

OHS
20 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 30

Träningsvärk sen i måndags, trasig rygg och generellt otränad...
Valde att inte köra tungt i sista då jag inte vet vad ryggen pallar. Lätt pass, men en bra start.


"Helen"
11.38

Samma sitution som ovan - med ännu mer träningsvärk... Lite orolig för ryggen, har inte sprungit på tre-fyra månader. Lugnt tempo, 12 kg KBS, vanliga kippar.

Mads Jacobsen said...

Just did "helen"...


It's funny how you can be wrong when you are doing your WOD..
During "helen" I felt great and I felt like I was hauling ass.. However my time was 11:25??

Well, I'm happpy Im back on track, and I'll start getting ready for tomoorrow..

How did you do??

Much love

Karl said...

Hey all!

Day 1:

Worked up to 52.5kg for 15 reps (PB)
Then got 70kg for 4 reps (PB)

It hurt.....a lot! :)

Day 2:

"Helen"

200m repeats

9.55

A way off best time, but went as hard as my fried shoulders would allow!

Jenny said...

OHS

Day 1.
20 - 29 - 35.8 - 40 - 44.6 miss
(6/9)
and the 4 reps at 50 kg

I have been sick for two weeks, so this was my first workout. I´m gonna do Helen tomorrow.
/Jenny

Jonna said...

I swear this is the most horrible workout I´ve ever done. I hated every minute of it!

Tight schedule today, had to squeeze it in before work @ 6.30. Stayed fasting till 11.45 which probably didn't improve the overall feeling

5K Row

20:51

Mads Jacobsen said...

Day 3

What a horrible WOD- who came up with that one..

Worked my little heart out:
19:23 but it felt really good!

//Mads

Anonymous said...

hey!

Leon Robotham said...

I'd love to get in on the challenges with you guys but getting back into the WoD schedule is proving to be pretty tough.

The flu virus I picked up recently left me in a bit of a mess so i'm playing with a couple of things right now.

Today I hit OHS

15 @ 49kg
10 @ 60
7 @ 69
5 @ 80
4 @ 80

Then Mini "Angie" i.e half numbers.

8.17

then 100 doubles for time.

2.19.

Tomorrow I will see what the WoD is and hopefully I can hit "Helen" as well.

Take care, guys.

Anonymous said...

Man, i hate rowing!

5k in 20:12.9

Great work all, good to have so much company!

Karl

Leon Robotham said...

So I hit the main page WoD of heavy thrusters and then did "Helen",

Thrusters were

2 @ 75kg
2 @ 84kg
1 @ 89kg
2 @ 95kg

Then "Helen" CTB pull-ups

10.05..... My pb on this is around 8.02. All hail chest to bar.

Don't have a rower so i'll be banging out 500 sdhp after tomorrows WoD if it allows.