Thursday, March 13, 2008

Alex "the mauler" won!

A friend of mine from Stockholm Shoot, just won his match in Dubai!

I am so stoked that I find it hard to describe the emotions flooding me right now. Alex went to Dubai to compete in a mma competition, the likes have never seen the light of day! The contestants wore shirts with numbers, and the spectators could then call and sms their wishes as to who should fight each other. The match ups that got the most votes, became the fight card for the night..
The rules were UFC rules with soccer kicks and stomps!

I have only just read the result online, and it sounds like Alex battled his opponent all through the first round, and managed to clip him pretty good. When his opponent came out for the second round he had difficulties seeing through his right eye. With some fantastic coaching from our head coach Joachim Lundgren, and a killer instinct, Alex began stepping up the pressure, and as his opponent got more and more tired Alex just tagged him with heavy hands. The end came after Alex opponent tried to take him down, and got countered. He fell on his back, and as he got up Alex threw a combo, and a knee to the head- Alex wins on TKO!
Alex progresses to the next round, and another great adventure in South Africa!

Alex is a fantastic fighter, a gifted athlete, and he is worth every bit of the victory- congratulations my friend!

Worth remembering in the hour of victory are all the people who have made Alex the fighter he is today- Shooters mma, the fighters at Gladius Gothenburg, the fighters at Stockholm Shoot, his coach, his boxing instructor Andreas etc. If I have forgotten anyone, I hope you know who you are!
All the people who, on a regular basis, push people like Alex into becoming the fighter he is today, you are the people who make wins like this possible, and I salute you!

In the light of this, it feels almost miniscure to share my workout today with you, but I will do it none the less.
As I said yesterday, I have been feeling better and better everyday lately, but I really don't want to rush into the workouts, and pile on the pressure too fast. Simply because I do not want to get sick again- so today I let reason prevail (even if it was hard) and did another one of these slow workouts.

I did:

Muscle ups 2
HSPU 5
5 rounds

I did the exercises in a slow pace, and it felt really good, I did'nt miss any of the muscle ups, and actually felt really good afterwards.. Tomorrow I am going to rest, and then saturday I'll be back following the WOD's from Crossfit HQ- letting coach guide me into taking my fitness to a point where I can someday challenge Brendan- and get my ass handed to me in a big way:-) But it will be worth the try!

That's it for today, thank you for reading!

Much love

No comments: