Sunday, March 9, 2008

Motivation!

It's funny how different things will motivate different people in different ways.



Since thursday last week I have been unable to work and to work out due to a mallicious cold, that has had me completely knocked out. This has given me plenty of time to plan how I want to move on, and what I want to focus on, once I get back on my feet!



Needless to say my first and foremost priority is my family, and always striving towards being the best partner and father I possibly can.. Jenny and Rasmus deserve the best I can possibly provide them with- how could that be any different?



Secondly I need to focus on our wedding! I often find myself thinking that I have all the time in the world, since it's not until january next year, but the preperations need to be made now, and the more I think about it- I realize that the more I organize now, the more I will be able to relax and just enjoy the experience..



There are a few other things I have come to realize that I want to put some more focus on, but they are more of a personal nature so I'll keep them to myself for the time being:-)



I need to focus more on my diet!

I have been wanting to begin eating according to the zone diet for quite some time! But everytime I have decided to begin, something has come in the way, and I find myself putting it of! The result is that both Jenny and I eat pretty healthy, but we are "guestimating" how much we eat, and the composition of our meals are done more on impulse, than on scientifically based values! This may sound like it's all good, and I should be happy that we are eating healthily! Well, I am happy that we have managed to get our diet to a point where we always eat as healthily as we can...... But.... needless to say there is a but!

As I wrote a couple of days ago, the key to sucess is to make sure that your goals are in line with the sacrifice you are willing to make, and the goals I have for myself, will always be just outside my reach unless, I make the commitment in my diet, the same way I have in my workouts! The plan for the week to come is to eat according to the "eat clean diet" and getting everything ready for joining the zone as of next week... I'll let you know how that goes!





This has been a great weekend, even if I have not been able to work out! This may sound like a contradiction in terms, but I'll let you know why it was a great weekend anyway!



First of all Max Philipsson and I hade the first ever Crossfit introduction seminar at Fighter centre on saturday. There is a group of people who have been dedicated to crossfit for a while, and they came to Fighter Centre on saturday morning at 09.00 and untill 14.00 we went through all the basic techniques of crossfit, and why we do certain things the way we do. We did squats- front squats- overhead squats- shoulder press- push press- push jerk etc. and by the end of the day everybody looked really good! Everyone was completely dedicated to improving their technique and gaining a higher understanding of the movements, and how to teach them to others. It was clear from the beginning that everyone had checked their egos at the door, and gave their all.. I can't begin to thank everyone enough for their efforts- Crossfit Sthlm is moving towards a bright future, with a lot of really gifted instructors.

At the end of the day we had a little race- 4 people competed in 10 laps of Cindy- I think Denis was the winner with the fastest time, but the effort displayed by everyone who competed was fantastic..

I would also like to thank Max! It was a pleassure to do this with you, and I look forward to more seminars with you!



The second thing that made my weekend was the Team Workout we had after the seminar. Every saturday at 14.00 we have a Team Workout, and this saturday was no different.. The workout for the day was:



50 Squats

50 Burpees



40 Push ups

40 Burpees



30 Lunges

30 Burpees



20 Sit ups

20 Burpees



10 Tuck jumps

10 Burpees



You should have seen the effort put out by the people in the class.... Thank you, you made my saturday!



Like I wrote in the beginning, it's funny how different things will motivate different people. I'm not sure what drives the people who came to the seminar, or the people who worked out at the Team Workout- but your efforts were amazing!

For my own part a bunch of things drives me to always wanting to excell- right now all I want to do is get well so I can start putting some workouts on the board, and get back to chasing my friend Brendan... One of these days bro, I'll be breathing down your neck:-)



Tomorrow I plan to row 1000m and do 50 knees to elbows, and see how my body responds! Then I'll decide from there on where I go..



Much Love

1 comment:

Jonna said...

Challenge taken! I'll get that zonelist done by Sunday night the latest :) XO