Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finally!


... Yesterday and today I got to work out again!


This was supposed to be a blog about my training and thoughts and experiences gained during the workouts. Instead it has become a combination between ER, Gray's anatomy, and 10 things I already knew about being sick..... But finally I am back on track!


Yesterday I did the first workout since I fell ill. I decided to take it easy, and not time my workout or compare it to any other workouts I have done before. All I wanted to do was, a couple of exercises and then see how my body responded..


I did 1000 meters row in 3:36 and then went into the gym and did 50 knees to elbows. I decided to divide the knees to elbows into 5 sets of 10 reps. That was all I did, and still I felt like I had been hit by a MAC truck afterwards.

I'm still not quite out of the woods, and felt my throught getting progressivly sore the next hour after I was done, and I felt really tired- but I still had the silly smile of somebody on the way to their first prom, smeared all over my face for the rest of the day- I had finally gotten back to actively pursuing my fitness goals.. But I also decided right then and there that I should take it easy today, just to make sure that I would actually progress steadily and not suffer any set backs!


So today I woke up and felt that wonderful feeling of being sore in my entire body, but I felt better than I had in while.. I went to work and started planning my day towards my workout. I managed to get my meals almost perfectly planned, and felt really good before the workout!


I did:

Snatch 5 sets of 5 reps at 40kg

Pull ups 5 sets of 10 reps

Deadlifts 5 sets of 10 reps at 70kg

push ups 5 sets of 10 reps


I just wanted to get the feeling for the exercises again, and did'nt pay any attention to the rest between sets, and just walked around being social during the workout, something that is usually completely out of the question, when all that matters is complete and utter concentration! It felt really good, and I look forward to seeing how it feels tomorrow..


Now I'm wrestlig with the question of what to do tomorrow? Should I go hard and see how my body responds, or should I continue to take baby steps towards full recovery? The smart part of me says I should do just that, but then again- I have been known to contradict common sense before!

We will just have to see what tomorrow brings, but I am grateful to be back on track!


This post turned out to be a homage to getting back to working out, but it means the world to me to be able to work out, and I feel more complete as a person when I am able to workout- It is the ultimate high to be able train, and I am proud to say that I am 100% positively addicted to it:-)


Even if this has been a post dedicated to my getting back to working out, I would also like to point towards another thing that is truly instrumental in wanting to keep in shape, and excell in my workouts, role models!


Yesterday I held a Crossfit class at fighter Centre, and once again I was amazed at the effort and dedication put forth by everyone. we did "fight gone bad" and it was nasty.. But one person stood out yesterday! My friend Micke Syd came in, and worked as hard, possibly even harder than 90% of the people in the class. As if putting out a 100% effort during the workout was'nt enough, he also managed to cheer and drag through everyone around him. When technique began to fade away, he cheered everyone to get it right. When people around him got tired, he was so enthusiastic that they kept on going, and when it was time to give their everything in the last minutes, he lead by example. A fantastic effort all together, and I am baffeled as to where he finds the energy.

However! The most amazing thing about Micke, is the fact that today he turned 47! When we met last year in august he was 12kg overweight, and had no history of serious workout! Now he is a role model, and an avid athlete.. I am for ever thankful to have people such as him around me. It is efforts like his, and performances like this that make him a positive power person, and I am grateful to have met him..


I am happy to be back on track, and I look forward to sharing my progress with you.. Thank you for reading.


Much love

No comments: