Sunday, March 30, 2008

How bad do you want it?

It's been 3 days since i last shared results, experiences and thoughts with you. But since my last entry I have not exactly been resting on the laurels..

The day before yesterday I did Split jerks 1- 1- 1- 1- 1- 1

50kg- 60kg- 70kg- 80kg- 85kg- 87,5kg- 90kg (miss)

I did not bring my note book home with me, so I have to admit that I am not entirely sure that these were my exact weights, but what was important was that on the last lift I hurt my shoulder. The shoulder that has been dislocated 2 times before, made a strange sound, and a pain shot through my shoulder- I decided to call it a day, content to have reached 87,5 kg..
In hindsight I realize that I actually caused the injury myself. I was too affraid to aggressivly get myself under the weight, this caused me to hesitate, and basically meant that I did not land with my arms fully extended under the bar!
The next time I do split jerks, I'll be as agressive as a mma fighter who has his opponent rocked, and just pounds away with all he has got! However I keep my fingers crossed that my shoulder is ok??

Yesterday the HQ website said "Fight Gone Bad".. The problem with that is that I have nowhere I can do this without spending way too much time running between the exercises- so I opted to Do:

"Dating Sage"

10 Snatches women 30kg men 40kg
15 Pull Ups
20 Thrusters women 20kg men 30kg

5 rounds for time: 24:43

I wish I could tell you what part was the worst, but the truth is that no single exercise was the one that brought me to my knees- It was the combination that taxed my cardio to a degree, where I had to rest far too much, and my time reflects this lack of cardio. The point however is that I gave it my all, and felt like I did when I did "Barbara" the other day! I felt Pukie just around the cornor all the way through the last 2 rounds. Looking back, this is the best part of the workout! I will get better cardio, and improve on "Dating Sage"..

This brings me to something that has been on my mind for a while, I have touched on the subject before, and I probably will again.

You need to give your all everytime you work out! You need to run straight into the wall again and again in order to get better and improve your fitness! This is true of mma, work, relationships etc. for now I will restrict myself to training..

If you go to do the Workout of the day (WOD) and decide that you are going to give it your all, empty every single resource you have in order to go faster, lift more, jump higher etc. then you will inevidently perform better, and move the boundries of what you are physically capable of in every workout! You will soon see your PR's improve and you will have to constantly make new goals, as you sprint by the ones you set up only months ago.
This has to be your insentive everytime you workout! If it is not, you will soon see that you stagnate and stop developing, all at the same time as people who, only weeks ago were miles behind you, sprint by!
The fact is that you work out for your own good, and if you are not going into every single workout with the attitude I just described above, then you are cheating yourself, making yourself the victim. You are not getting what you deserve, and you will not get to enjoy the fantastic feeling of progressing, getting more fit, reaching goals etc.. How could you not want that??
There are a couple of people I know who have this die hard attitude everytime they work out, and they are truly inspirational, and better athletes for it. Jenny, Annie and Brendan are such people, and by looking towards them, wanting to perform as well as they do- I become a better athlete!

I want you to take a couple of minutes and set up some goals for the next month of training. When you have done this I want you to think of one person you want to compete with in every workout. This does not have to be a person who is actually there when you work out, but someone you can compare your scores with- this will add an edge to your training! The last thing you have to do is find a forum where you can post your scores!
Once you have done this, you will find that the intensity of your workouts increases dramatically immediately..

You work out for your own sake, so why not give it your all??

Until we meet again

Much love

2 comments:

Jonna said...

Lite nya tankar runt dina målsättningar...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SWs94Pu_kG4

Skoja inte att dessa killarna vet vad de gör!!

Kram på dig!

Mads Jacobsen said...

Jag la ut denna film på bloggen för några veckor sedan! Det är utan tvekan imponerande, men kolla armarna, inte mycket fulla extentions där... Skulle vilja se deras Fran, och Cindy också;-)

Hur som helst ligger man ju efter..

kram