Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WTF.....

What is the matter with me?

Yesterday I gave Barbara my very best, and absolutely crashed and burned! But before I get into sharing the particulars of yesterdays fiasco- let go back in time and see what has happened in the past when I have done Barbara?

I have done Barbara 4 times before yesterday, and I have only ever managed to complete one without encountering Pukie- and on that occation I had just come off a pretty nasty shoulder injury, and decided right of the bat to go horribly slow, just to see how my shoulder would react to that many reps.
On all the other attempts I have begun by hauling ass, only to get my proverbial ass handed to me by Pukie somewhere into the 4th round- A humbling experience the first time, and humiliating the 3rd time! So pure intelligence would have told me to take it easy from the beginning yesterday, and then turn it up at the end... Well, I am just not a very intelligent guy I guess- cause here is what happened!

Round 1 3;47
Round 2 3:50
Round 3 4:04
Round 4 after 31 reps of situps Pukie caught up with me and tore me apart!

WTF.... when am I going to learn that I have to take it slower from the beginning, so that I will actually make the finish line.. My plan for some time next week is to do Barbara, and aim at doing every round around 5 min, just to be able to fininsh..

If you have some advice to share- please let me know- I obviously need it!

Much love

3 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Det där är väl fullt normalt? Barbara är verkligen den värsta...

Anonymous said...

Jag hoppas det är normalt, men det känns ändå inte alls bra:-)
Det beror väl lite på hur snabbt man kör de första ronderna, men det är svårt att hållla igen!

//Mads

Richard said...

Mad Mads, that´s a tough one. I wish I had some advice for you but I don´t. You´re the senior Crossfitter here. Big time!! All I can say is "keep up the good work", you´re the man.