Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nasty little sucker...

.. Needless to say I am referring to the row, thruster, pull up fran-ish kind of hell that was posted on the main site a couple of days ago- I did it yesterday!
Some workouts have a tendency to just hit you in the head out of nowhere, and this was just that kind of WoD!

I have been going on for a while about the importance of being able to pace yourself through 85% of your workout, and then just let it go during the last 15%- bury your chin in your chest, and suck it up all the way to the finish line.
To be honest with you I thought I had done just that- when an immidiate need for oxygen, which was nowhere to be found, hit me in the gut! The result was that I had to wait an eternity before I could get back on the bar and whip out some more thrusters! I wish I had an excuse or explanation that would make sence, but the truth is probably more along the lines of having an ego that allows me to think more of my capacity than I can actually fullfil! The price I have to pay for that is the "boinking" I experienced yesterday!

So what to do about that? Suck it up, work through it and keep fighting until my fitness catches up with my ego! I am acutely aware that this may never happen, but I'll go out trying!

By the way- my time for the WoD: 17:22!


Stop feeling sorry for yourself!

At the same time as facebook is a fantastic tool to keep in touch with people and remember birthdays, it is also an incrediable medium for showing the world your CrossFit workouts! However this also allows the rest of us to comment on your performance, your form and your attitude:-) So here we go!
I am tired of seeing people during their WoD's who drop the bar and walk around looking at the mirror, yelling out their frustration, chalking up their hands, looking in the camera, making facial expressions etc. before they then get back to the bar and continue the workout.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself during the workouts. If you want the easy workouts then go back to body building, CrossFit is all about intensity, and walking around cursing your WoD, and what not not is not intensity! Needless to say you are more than welcome to rest, breath out the uglies, but then you have to get back to the WoD- you will find that it will do miracles to your workouts, and your fitness..

So please before you post your next video- look through it again, and if a kind remark is actually what you want, more than an honest no shit assesment of your effort, then send it to your best friend, but dont post it on the internet/facebook, myspace etc... Cause you just might get to hear the truth!

Another rant from the insane dane:-)

Much love

Mads

15 comments:

Richard said...

Du är en stor inspirationskälla för mig Mads. Jag är helt knäckt efter gårdagens försök att tämja Fran, men du får mig att kämpa vidare.

Bear said...

Hahaha, precis den anledningen gjorde att jag skippade att posta min senaste "Grace". Skrek och härjade så mycket de sista 8-10 repsen att jag tyckte det var pinsamt...iofs så stannade jag inte upp mer än 10 sekunder och då hann jag knappast tycka synd om mig själv ;)

Richard said...

Snälla Bear, om du filmade din senaste Grace, kan du inte lägga upp den då så jag får se dina "facial expressions"? : )

Mads Jacobsen said...

Bear- jag kan lova att det inte var dig jag syftade på. Jag har inte heler något problem med att man återfår andan, men ett helt litet skådespel med olika kapitel, och dylikt känns helt åt hel.... fel:-)
Jag instämmer med Richard, skulle gärna vilja se din senaste Grace- du var ju hur grym som helst!

//M

Bear said...

Hehe, okejrå. Meddelar här när den ligger uppe. Vimeo kan vara lite lynnigt så jag får se när det blir.

Unknown said...

Alla är olika, om några behöver skådespela, skriva och stöna lite för att ta sig igenom ett pass så har inte jag något emot det, sålänge de inte gör det för extra uppmärksamhet.
Jag har nog inte sett fenomenet du syftar på jag, så det kanske är därför jag tänker så :D

hehe, det är många som har övertro och svårt att skala ner vikterna, även jag ibland ;)

/Sam

Bear said...

Gjorde ett försök, den kanske funkar senare: http://vimeo.com/6418454

Mads Jacobsen said...

Sam- Jag håller helt med att folk får göra precis vad de vill för att ta sig genom passet- det som upprör mig är när man har missat poängen helt, och istället föör att ängna sig åt sin återhämtning börjar på teatern!
Jag ska inte peka finger åt något håll, men ddet finns ett gäng sådana filmer på nättet! De fleste vill jag bara tillägga är inte svenska:-)

Mads Jacobsen said...

Björn-
kollade just på din film, och du är grym som fan... Att man låter när man kör har jag inget problem med, utan låter troligen likadan själv. Du bnibehåller ju intensitet och momentum... hade du däremot slängt ner vikten, gått till kameran, skrikit, etc då hade du varit på min shit list:-) Nu är du bara en ren odlat hjälte! Så jävla stabil, och du anar inte hur glad jag är!

Bear said...

Vilken hyllning alltså! Tack Mads! Kom förresten på att det var väldigt mycket Ricky Bruch över den där videon, speciellt slutet! Hahaha!

Se sista delen av den här så förstår ni: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqksKiImCk&NR=1

Jon Ivmark said...

Jävlar vad jag saknar att ha två hela axlar när jag ser det där filmen Björn. Grymt! Tror du blir svårslagen på lördag.

Unknown said...

Underbart att se Bear!

Mads, jag förstår vad du menar.
Det verkar finnas en attityd hos många att väsnas, skrika, arroganta och tro att de är lite bättre än andra för att de tränar crossfit.

valerie said...

So are you ignoring me ??
I left you a comment a few days ago just to make sure it's YOU.
All that workout sound exhausting to me... so I prefer just to say hi.
Take care of yourself. Hope to talk to you soon.
Much love,
Your Belgian fan !

Bert Hendrickx said...

Great stuff again Mads, really enjoy reading it!

What about days when you're not feeling 100%, is it better to rest or to go for 70% intensity? That's the most difficult part for me since I started Crossfitting in jan 09. Sometimes I overtrain myself on days I should have taken off, but I don't want to miss a WOD, peer pressure you know :)

Cheers

Bert (Belgium Cert)

Mads Jacobsen said...

Valerie- Cool that you have foound my insane rant on the internet! Sorry I have not answered you- it has just been very hectic lately, I'll post more about it later!

Bert- On the days where I dont feel topp dollar- I usually try to do some skill workout instead, and just sacrifice the intensity wod altogether! It is better to improve your technique than to do a wod that you wont be happy with anyway!

Thank you for readign the blogg!