Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Fast Helen" and a goodbye to Grand Fitness!

Fast 'Helen'..?

I have come to terms with the fact that I am not the fastest animal in the jungle, and not the badest bike on the road, a long tima ago! This is also the reason why I have not had all that many dreams about achieving greatness on WoD's like 'Helen'. But today something must have happened, cause I got the fastest time I have ever gotten on a 'Helen', and I am super stoked-
09:02!
I have to admit that I did it on a treadmill where I had to start the little beast from zero each time I got on there, but it still the fastest I have ever gone, so I am pretty happy with that!

Goodbye Grand Fitness!

Today was my last day at Grand Fitness- Sturebadet's spa/gym under Grand Hotel in Stockholm, where I have been working the last 5 years.
The gym will be closed so that Grand can open their own gym a couple of floors up, and I decided that it was time to leave the spa/gym! So today I trained my last client there, packed my things and moved on.

I have to admit that it feels strange to walk out the door after that long time in the gym, but I think the move is for the better. I was already in a position where I had to comprmise with a lot of workouts in order to get to do the CrossFit WoD's I wanted to do- both with my clients and on my own (no more Grace without dropping the weight on the floor). So instead of bringing these problems with me to another facility that is even more proned towards the spa part of the concept, I decided to move on!
So as of tomorrow I will be working at Metropolis and at KLTK which will be a bunch of fun. I look forward to the new challenges, and the possibility to offer even better training to my clients, and possibly even kill a couple of my bad excuses for underachieving in my WoD's- it is so to speak a new day:-)

But who knows, maybe there is something else in the making??????

Much love

3 comments:

Jocke said...

Såg inte till dig på gymet i morse... ?

Richard said...

Lycka till på nya stället!

David Englund said...

Grattis till PR, själv avskyr jag treadmill-Helen.

Lycka till på metropolis, skönt med lite eleikobumpers va?