Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sign up motherf*****r

The Gods have allowed me to continue my insane rant on the fitness industri, at least for the time being!
But instead of actually doing what I said I would do yesterday and thrash the misguided and mislead aerobics instructors, to the point where you would have to watch your step in order to avoid stepping on the bodies of aerobic instructors who have chosen to put themselves out of their misssery by jumping of a very tall building.... I will not be doing that- instead I thought I'd ask a question:-)

Why have you not signed up?

I just happened to look at the list of athletes who have signed up for the Scandinavian CrossFit Challenge, and I was shocked to find that there are more foreign athletes who have signed up than Swedish!
There are more athletes from Denmark, Germany, and a couple of American bases who have signed up for the challenge than there are Swedish athletes?? Why is this? Don't the swedish athletes believe that they have a chance in the competition? Don't they believe in their own abilities? What on God's green earth is the reason?

I believe that there is a reason why the winner of the Games this year was scandinavian. I honestly believe that we have more athletes who are more well rounded over broad time and modal domain than anywhere else in the world! I believe that we have more athletes that are better suited mentally than anywhere else in the world..
If you happen to feel the same way then sign up! I you would like to help propel the Scandinavian CrossFit community into a better understanding of each other, and a better knit community, then sign up... Or if you just feel that there needs to be more someone who can hold the Swedish flag high, then sign up...

Basically- sign up motherf****r!

Now I am of to Ireland for the cert this weekend- I hope you all have a fantastic weekend:-)

much love

4 comments:

Martin Altemark said...

Monster-Jocke kommer.

Jon Ivmark said...

Får man skylla på artros i axeln? Ska försöka komma dit och kolla i alla fall!

Jocke said...

Till svenskarnas försvar har väl de flesta danskar närmare till Halmstad än vad svenskar har?

Lite mer information om tävlingen vore ju alltid spännande. Antal anmälda, start första dagen, när (om?) pass/grenar/upplägg blir offentligt. När tävlingen förväntas vara klar, så man vet hur man gör med ev. ytterligare övernattning (och isf semester/f-led) osv mm

Vi ses!

Sarah Elisabeth Lindasdatter Troelsen Krarup said...

Couldn't agree more, Mads! The Scandinavian Crossfit Challenge is only 130 KM from Copenhagen - and a great opportunity to meet other crossfitters from Europe.

Looking forward to the challenge - a bad shoulder is not keeping me from participating :-)