Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where did my double unders go?

Yesterday was a rest day, which I guess means that I should have been on the couch taking it easy, and meditating on the WoD's to come- however I have a slightly different approach towards rest days! In my perfect little world rest days, are days where I can spend time on things I have not done in a while, or better yet things I need to improve!
Yesterday it was double unders!

Where did they go?

I realized that it had been a while since I did double unders and decided to do double unders and muscle ups.
Lets just be clear about my history when it comes to double unders. At first I could not do a single one, and was the laughing stock of everyone I knew- then somehow it dawned on me what I had to do- and I suddenly owned them- I tore these suckers apart- I loved them..... Those days are obviously over!
Yesterday I spent more time whipping my legs and arms than actually doing double unders! I need to get them back, so I guess I have to go back to square 1, and learn them all over again!
What happened? suggestions?

Warm up!

I have to ask what you do for warm ups? I have begun doing the Burgner warm up that I always do, and the after that I'll do 25 snake rolls, and 25 ab mat situps. After I have done the above I'll start doing the exercises that the WoD of the day requires.. I have found that this additional warm up, really fires up the posterior chain, which in turn makes the rest to the work out a lot more enjoyable- My question is what do you do?

Swedish Championships!

Surf onto www.crossfitnordic.com and look at the event they have planned for this wekend! It will be a kick ass event and I look forward to seing some stellar performances, from some awesome athetes!
Any thoughts on the programming?

For now that will have to do, so much love!

3 comments:

Richard said...

Det ska bli riktigt kul att träffa en massa likasinnade (hoppas jag) CrossFittare.

Ni kanske kan plocka upp mig på lördag?

Richard said...

Pllleeeease : )

Mads Jacobsen said...

Richard- självklart plockar vi upp dig!