Sunday, January 3, 2010

Going to school..

Do you remember the feeling of going to a new school, or to a new team or something like that, and you walk through the door and you see everybody talking to each other, joking, interacting, and having an all together god time- and there you are the new kid!
Fortunately, in these surroundings you often find your place pretty fast, ans some good spirited person takes it upon themselves to introduce you to the crowd!
I felt a bit like that yesterday when I did my first "OPT workout"! It took a masters degree in dechifering to understand what I was supposed to do, and at what speeds I was supposed to operate! After having looked at the site for a while, I decide to call the local witch doctor (Martin Altemark) and ask him how I was supposed to translate the whole thing:-) He, gracefully as always, helped me out and I was on my way!

So I got on my way to the gym to do the following workout:

Training:
A1. OHS @ 3010 - 10 x 10; 90 sec rest
A2. Supinated Strict Chin Ups @ 3010; 10 x 10; rest 90 sec
+
GHD Sit Ups - 3 sets of 25


That my dear friends is 100 OHS, and 100 supinated pull ups- in a preset tempo with a slower decent than acent, divided into sets of 10- with 90sec rest inbetween efforts..
Please keep in mind that I have not done any meaningful workouts since the beginning of december! So I had a pretty good idea that this was going to put me on my ass:-) and it did.
Jenny had gone to the gym earlier, and said that it was hard as hell- and if she felt like that I knew that I felt that I had my work cut out for me.

I am not going to bore you with the stats, since they are pretty pathetic, and I have decided to give myself a week of getting into the groove, before posting! I will however say taht I used 50 kg on the OHS- and it was a bit on the light side, I should have gone heavier!
The pull ups however were a fight for dear life! the first 4 sets went according to plan, and after that I had to use a rubber band, and I still have to break every set! I wish I was more like David "the BW monster", but I am not!

The conclusion however is that I a super stoked to follow OPT to the best of my abilities, and it will be a bunch of fun to see where this all takes us?

Much love

3 comments:

Niels said...

Goodluck.
Took me some time to figure the programming out too.
Lucky you know which are the single/double/rest days a month in advance to plan your work :).

Keep us posted.

Martin Altemark said...

Haha, yes, there was a time not long ago when there was no FAQ and no getting to know have many workouts and rest days that was coming. I kinda miss that! :-)

Richard said...

You´ll do great my friend. I think OPT´s programming will suit you.