Monday, January 4, 2010

Still owned by OPT!

I just love the way this guy thinks! There is no doubt in your mind what it is he was gunning for after you have completed one of his workouts!
Yesterday he came after my posterior chain with a blast of a workout! Remember that I am still one day late in my blogging. This gives me the chance to fully evaluate the effects of the WoD, and how it felt. Yesterday there was no doubt how it would feel, and today I can only nod my head and admit that I was right. My posterior chain is smoked... I absolutely love it! The workout was:

Training:
A1. HSPU @ 2010 - amrap (-2) x 3 sets; rest 60 sec
A2. Semi Stiff Legged DL @ 4011; 8-10 x 3; rest 60 sec
B1. Ring Push Ups @ 2010 - amrap (-2) x 3 sets; rest 45 sec
B2. KBS - 25 unbroken x 3; rest 45 sec
C1. Dips @ 2010 - amrap (-2) x 3 sets; rest 30 sec
C2. GHD Raises @ 2010; 10-15 x 3; rest 30 sec

post loads, notes and reps to comments
amrap (-2) means you attempt a max rep set but stop approximately 2 reps short of failure on speed
swings to just inches above forehead


Mental notes to self:

I could have gone a bit heavier on the deads!
I am happy I took it easy on the push ups and dips, cause my bad shoulder feels ok today!
The swings were a lot harder than I thought they would be!
GHD raises must be the worst exercise ever. We had to modify the exercis since we dont have a GHD, and I bet they are a lot harder on the GHD than the exercise we did- but it still sucked the life out of me!

It has been a long time since I felt this excited about training, and just love that fact that we finally followed Martin Altemark into teh wilderness that is OPT's mind! It is a truly inspirational place to be, and it is packed with a bunch of very capable athletes, of which I hope to become one....... in a very distant future:-)

I cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Much love

Mads

3 comments:

Richard said...

Great work Mads.

Florian Haseloff said...

Hey Mads,

how are you?

I constantly got shoulder impingements after doing kipping pullups and most other exercises when doing full intensity workouts.

Since a few days Im doing TY exercises:

http://davedraper.com/blog/2009/07/22/shoulder-ytwls-become-lytps/

Got that link from the CF message boards at the injury section.

Im also trying to incorporate the Shoulder Warmup from Kelly Starrett:

http://journal.crossfit.com/2010/01/part-1shoulder-prep.tpl

Hope to see you at the Lvl2 Cert in Basel next week.

Cheers

Mads Jacobsen said...

Florian- I am sorry to hear that you are having shoulder problems! I have been fighting with a troubled shoulder for years, and besides the advice from Kelly Starrett- I have found that stretching the pectoralis minor did miracles! It has a tendency to tighten up during a lot of the workouts we do, and my problems became substantially better after that!
I was hoping I would make it to the level 2, but I will not! I will be making it to the level 1 though:-)

//Mads