Friday, January 8, 2010

Two workouts..

I am sorry to have to rapport that I was so tied up with work yesterday that I did not hav etime to write on my blog, so threrefore it will contain two WoD's today! I did not however do them on the same day- these are consequetive days! Sorry about that!

Training jan 06 2010

7 sets;
1 strict chin up
2 L Pull ups
3 butterfly kip chin ups
4 chin break vertical chin ups
5 chest to bar chin ups
rest 2 minutes
+
For total time;
AMSAP L-Sit - 3 attempts; 60 sec b/t attempts
+
For total reps;
30 sec high speed double unders, 30 sec rest x 10

post notes for chin up work, total time for L sits and total reps for DU's to comments
skill and perfection of movement, not time is paramount on chin up work
L sit is knees COMPLETELY straight for entire movement, and ankles above hips


All I have to say about this workout, is that it went really well, until it was time to do the double unders! I absolutely suck at double unders, and the 30 sec of "fast double unders" was more like punishing myself with a steel core rope! While Jenny was setting some kind of world record next to me- which only added to the fury! Double unders are the bane of CrossFit!
With that said moving on:-)

Training: jan 07 2010
A1. HSPU @ 2010 - amrap (-1) x 3 sets; rest 60 sec
A2. Semi Stiff Legged DL @ 4011; 6-8 x 3; rest 60 sec
B1. Ring Push Ups @ 2010 - amrap (-1) x 3 sets; rest 45 sec
B2. KBS - 15 unbroken x 3; rest 45 sec
C1. Dips @ 2010 - amrap (-1) x 3 sets; rest 30 sec
C2. GHD Raises @ 2010; 15 x 3; rest 30 sec

post loads, notes and reps to comments
amrap (-1) means you attempt a max rep set but stop approximately 1 rep short of failure on speed
swings to just inches above forehead


This workout went really well- I actually felt really strong, and managed to get through it and feeling pretty good about myself, which is more than I could have hoped for before I began!
I did the GHD raises on some sort of contraption that I built in the gym! I bet real GHD raises hurt a lot mote than mine did, but I doubt that I could have done real GHD raises today??

This leads me to todays question: What is the strangest contraption you have ever used to substitute an exercise?

Looking forward to seeing what OPT has in store for us this weekend?

Much love

Mads

No comments: