Sunday, January 10, 2010

Torn up hands!! and some numbers!

Yesterday was a very special day, because it was the first time I'd ever get to do two OPT workouts in one day! I have heard horrible stories about how this man messes you up on these two workout days- so I was looking forward to seeing what the workouts would be, and how it would feel!
I was going into this little adventure with a small handicap though- a couple of days when we did the pull up ladder, I tore up my hands a bit. I have been nursing them in every way imaginable sine then, but they are not really ok yet.. hmmm!

The first workout of he dday was:

Training:
part 1:
A. as many 1-5 ladders in 10 min - 225#/155# back squat; rest 5 min
B. BB jump squats - 30% of 1RM back squat; 6 sets of 6 reps; rest 60 sec b/t sets
C. GHD Sit ups - 5 sets of 20 reps; rest 45 sec b/t sets
rest 8+ hours


Results:

A- 3 ladders + 1
B- 42,5 kg
C- first two set un broken, after that I broke the sets into 10+10!

I was actually pretty happy with this! I have not done back squats in a while, so I had no clue what to expect! But this is where the fun stopped for the day! I was supposed to rest 8+ hours, but there was no way I could get back to the gym later, or get that kind of intervall! So I rested 20 min and got back to work!
The second workout was a double under/ pull up combo! So during the rest I began warming up! The problem was that after a couple of pull ups my hands tore again, and I fould myself slipping in blood on the bar.. Hmm what do I do now! I then decided that I should row as far as I could in the 45 sec intervalls, and then do double unders! The same thing happened there though. My hands bled and I had a hard time getting a decent grip- now what do I do?
Since I am hopeless at double unders I decided that I should do 5 sets of 10 unbroken double unders for time. This is a horrible task for someone as inproficient at double unders as I am, here is how that went:

First 10 done at 2:45
second done at 3:48
third done at 5:49
fourth done at 11:52- imagine the frustration!
fifth done at 15:00

It was a workout of mixed emotions! I was a good workout altoghther, and the first part felt great, the second however was nothing like what I would have liked it to be, but I sure got to work on my weak sides!

Just really looking forward to getting back to the gym today!

Much love

2 comments:

David Englund said...

Grymt stark backsquatstege! Var du lika pigg i benen som jag idag? :)

Jenny said...

Snygg Dansk:)