Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Level 1 in Basel and a workout!

It has been a jumbled weekend, and I am not sure where to begin?

The cert in basel was an asolute blast! Even though we had the bad fortune of loosing the miracle men from Denmark on the finish line. Klaus got injured and Oliver got ill just before the cert, and had to stay at home- I hope they both get well in a hurry, since the certs are always a lot more fun when these two gentlemen are there! They are fantastic trainers, and truly inspirational to be around. They really are some of the best CrossFit have to offer! Guys get well!

The crew consisted of Courtney, Karl, EC, Chuck, Sebastian, Big E and yours truly! It is always a pleassure to get to hang out with Karl and Courtney, and this cert was no exception to the rule! Chuck and EC came over the pond, to make sure it all went down right! Chuck is pretty much the mayor of CrossFit (according to EC) and working with him gives everyone a sense of calm that is hard to explain! Everything just comes together, at the same time as we have a lot of fun. I have not had the pleassure of working with EC before, but I hope we will see a lot more of her in Europe- She is an absolute blast to be around, and needless to say a fantastic trainer! Xena rules!
Sebastian and Big E, were interns for the first time, and I just hope they had a great time, and felt welcome- they truly are!

The crew at CrossFit Basel had really gone to great lengths to make sure that this cert would be the best it could be for the participants and trainers! They had gotten a great building that we used for the lectures! The place was very large and gave everyone the best possible chans to get the most out of the lectures!
For the practical part of the cert they had gotten a hold of a huge gymnasium/gym that looked like it could host a premier league soccer match, along with all the equipment you could ever ask for! As if this was not enough they had gotten a bunch of people to help out at the cert- and these people were magical- they made virtually anything happen!
Our hosts had also gotten a hold of Paleo kits, which coiuld be bought at very favorable prices! Heaven here we come! Could it get any better than that!
CrossFit Basel, my hat is of to you for making this cert very memorable! "Like clockwork.... swiss clockwork!" "These people dont mess around.. they get the job done:-)".. Just some of the quotes I heard this weekend!

Of course we also had to work out while we were there, and we always try to use the equipment that we do not have access to in our boxes at home! This time it was ropes! I dont have access to ropes at the box at home, and since they had some very long ropes, we just had to use them!
So someone came up with the following workout:

5 rounds of
10 40kg OHS
2 rope climbs


I have no clue what time I got, but it was a grueling WoD! My grip absolutely left me after the first couple of rounds! The rope was a lot longer than I am used to so I had to spend more time on the rope than I usually do.. Good times! At least I ended up without burns on hands and feet! I cant help wondering how Karl is doing today?

Now I am back in town, back to the OPT programming, and working on the thing that will rock Stockholm within a very near future......? What could it possibly be:-)

Much love

1 comment:

Richard said...

Hmm, let me guess!?!?