Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How about some HSC?

Once again it was time to go into the world of OPT, and obviously get my ass kicked! It is not intentionally, it is just a fact that I have had to get used to when it comes to the workouts this genius throws at us- so today it was all about Hang Squat Cleans:-) The workout was:

A. Hang Squat Clean - build to a tough but not 1RM; take no more than 7 minutes; rest 2 minutes
B. 10-1 135#/95# hang squat clean ladder; rest 5 minutes
C. 3 sets of 30 GHD sit ups; rest as needed b/t sets

post highest load for A, time for B and notes for C to comments
ladder is unbroken, if bar rests on floor in set, start again
no pause is needed at hang in A


The first part actually went pretty well, I worked up to a pretty heavy weight, and managed it without too much trouble, and decided to call that a day, and move on to part two!
I have been working a lot an getting better at using my hip to drive the weight up, and not pull too much with my arms, and I have gotten better, no doubt about that. But to be honest my technique still leaves a lot to be desired! I just have to stick to my guns and try to get better.

So the first part of the ladder went really well, and I felt like I could actually get a pretty decent result on this part of the days workout. That was until I was on the round of 5! Something began feeling strange in my right leg, and shortly after that I began to get the same sensation in my left leg?? Once I put down the bar and began getting ready for the set of 4 the cramp caught up with me! Both legs cramped up at the same time, and the pain was like nothing I have felt in a while! Needless to say the last sets were hell, and since OPT had dictated that I could not put the bar down between reps, and there was to be no rest in the bottom position of the HSC- this was hell! But I got the job done, and was over the moon about it, when I stumbled to the improvised GHD bench!

I was working out with Jenny who is an absolute monster, and the inspiration was desperately needed! I got through the first GHD set unbroken, after that I had to break the two remaining sets...

I have not felt like that for a while, and today my legs feel like I imagine they would feel if some bad ass Thai boxer had had his way with them through a sparring session!

I guess I just have to get comfortable with uncomfortable! The part about being uncomfortable is done, now I just have to get used to it, and get comfortable with it:-)

Until tomorrow, much love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Mads!
You coming to Basel next week?

Niels said...

Good work.

"post highest load for A, time for B"
I'm curious, want to post?

Mads Jacobsen said...

xfitkatka- I will be coming to Basel next week, and cant wait! It should be an absolute blast! I will not be making it to the level 2, but I will be there at the level 1 cert:-)

Niels- I had decided to give myself a week before i begin to pile on the preassure by posting scores! But I am in no way religious about it- so:
A- 100kg
B- 9:25 and that hurt like hell!

Jenny said...

Vem var re? Evakuera patrasket:)

Martin Altemark said...

Du är STARK!

Men du får hålla undan för Björnen. Han verkar hittat nån jävla fuskdryck. Om det var upp till mig skulle nån testa snubben. Och dig med när jag tänker efter. Verkar klart misstänkt att jag ska vara så svag och ynklig, när ni är så starka och ståtliga. Hmmmm.