Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 PR's today, and some pose running...

I have to admit right of the bat that I am super tired and on my way to bed after a very cozy dinner with bunch of the people from CFSCC, so you will have to excuse me if this one gets a bit short!

As always I went to the gym to work out at 8am. The WoD was:
OHS 1- 1- 1
Front Squat 2- 2- 2
Back Squat 3- 3- 3
I dont have the numbers in my head right now but I got a new PR in both the front squat and the back squat- so I was super stoked about that, until a freak of nature named Skip outlifted med by 100lbs! This would not have been surprising if he had been some strength lifting monster, but I say him haul ass through "Michael" the other day, so nedless to say I was a little surprised to see him lift super heavy as well.. It truly is an impressive enviroment to be in!

After that I just hung around the gym for a while, helping out with the 9am class, and watching Micke crush the lifts. He has never done these lifts heavily before, because his shoulders have been giving him a bunch of trouble- but he decided to try it anyway, and he did great.. I think he found the tecnique more challenging than the weights that were on the bar! Give him 6 months of mixing these lifts into his WoD's and he'll be a superfreak!

Shari had promised that even I could learn how to run, and maybe even enjoy it! Needles to say I had my doubts, but I looked forward to trying the POSE running and seeing if it would actually make a difference? So a little later today Shari took some time of to teach me, and the difference was fantastic!
I have to admit to myself that I will never be able to run for Ethiopia in the olympics, but this was amazing. I still have to get the angle of my forward inclination to fit the cadance of my feet, and the breathing to fit into the tempo, but it was definately the easiest running I have ever done in my life.. I got a bunch of tools on how to work with this, that I am bringing home with me, and the plan is to become a better POSE runner during the summer.. I am already seeing a faster helen time approaching...

I a completely spent, and have to got to bed now, so this is it for today..

Much love

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Looking forward to getting some tips on running! I sure hope my back can take it! I'll just have to wait for my nervers to start doing their job of plantar flexion...
Good job och your lifts anyway!

Luv

Martin Altemark said...

Trevlig läsning Mads!

Anonymous said...

Hej skat.
Selv jeg kan ikke lade være med at læse dine indlæg hver dag. Du er godt nok sej og stædig. Fra hvem mon? Det lyder hårdt, men hvor er jeg stolt af dig.
God weekend min dreng,
mor xx oo