Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Getting slaugherted on "Michael"..

Before I get into the specifics on today, let me just share with you how our two heroes ended their day yesterday!
We were supposed to have dinner with Shari. So we decided to take a walk through the mall, and have a cup of coffee. After that we went back to CFSCC just to spy on everyone and get some more inspiration.. Then we went back to the hotel to kick back before it was time to go to dinner.
This is where the plan fell apart! We were both completely spent, and both looked like zombies on our way to our second death, so we called Shari and decided to take a raincheck.. As it turned out she was in pretty much the same shape, so it all worked out for the better!

Today I drove to the gym to participate in the 8am class, and Micke decided to take a walk to the gym and do the 9am class.
When I got there, the first thing that struck me was that the WoD was "Michael"!
800m run
50 GHD sit ups/ 60 ab mat sit ups/ 30 K2E
50 Back ext
3 rounds for time
Tara, who was in charge of the class immidiately said that everyone should be aware that so many GHD sit ups could cause a bunch of trouble if we were planning to work out tomorrow as well! So I decided to do one of each. GHD the first lap, ab mat the second and K2E the last! As it turns out that was not where the trouble would be for me, the sit ups went really well, it was the back ext and running afterwards that just about killed me!
The first lap felt like a walk in the park, the second felt like someone had beat my lower back with a bat.. Im not even going to get into how the last lap felt!
It was carnage, and I never thought Id get through- 29:23 and the longest half hour ever!
Afterwards it was Mickes turn, and he had the exact same experience, except he did some smooth planning and was able to run virtually all the time, whereas yours truly had to stop and breathe life back into my lower back! (how you do that is a trade secret I am not quite ready to share yet!)
We brought a bag of Crossfit Svea t-shirts to the gym today! Everybody got one, and posed for a fantastic picture- I am also sure that a lot of the effortless PR's that were set today, were set because of the shirts!

After that we went back for the hotel for some lunch, before it was time to go back and do another class with Tony Budding!
We got back to the gym at 13:00 just in time for me to borrow a pair of lifting shoes, and get ready for an hour of clean pratice, working towards a new PR!
My hip has been a major concern and so I have not been too keen on going heavy lately, but I thought I'd give it a try, and I am supremely happy I did! After a very tutorial and inspirationel hour I nailed a new PR of 97kg, and failed miserably at 100kg! It feels like its all in the head, and some new direction in the lifts is forthcoming!

Now we are back at the hotel recovering, getting ready for dinner with Shari and her roomie a little later!
I'm looking forward to seeing how my back feels tomorrow, there is a good chance that it will be completely wrecked....

For now that is it folks.. much love!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Du är grym hjärtat:-)
Älskar dig massor..

Puss och kärlek från din lilla familj!