Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blogging for time...

... I stole the heading from the Bear- it is without a doubt one of the funniest things I have heard in a while- blogging about your feats for time! Is it an AMRAP- task priority- deal, or how would it work best? What do you think?

I have just gotten back from the level 1 certification at Chievres air base in belgium. Once again it was an absolute blast, and I think it is safe to say that I had as much fun as the participants at the cert.
It all began really well, after karl and I had met up with Courtney at the airport in Brussels. we went and got the rented car, and made our way towards Chievres- or at least so we thought! The sat nav gave up as soon as we left the parking garage, and left us guessing which way we were supposed to go- that basically meant that for a while we were just driving around in circles with no clue where we were going. Courtney then made a call to the base and asked what way we should go- and they told us to take the E19, so we did, and now we were on our way- the only problem was that we were going the wrong way- so after a while when the sat nav kicked in again and we realized that we were going the opposite way from what we were supposed to- what a fantastic start:-) Im just happy karl was the one driving!

The cert was a absolute blast- just as it was supposed to be- there were som super fun characters there, whom I really hope to get to see soon again. Just to mention a few, there were the ZT mma fighters from Brighton- the Ramstein crew who are always in the best possible mood- the crew from the base, who were super enthusiastic and great hosts to us all- the death defying danes (you guys are heroes!)- the dutch athletes who kicked ass- the local talent from Belgium who took no prisoners during the WoD's.. The list is a lot longer and I would like to thank everyone for making this such a fun cert!
Next cert will be in Lurgan Northern Ireland- are you coming? I can't wait!

Now that I am back it is time to get on with the training in order to catch up with my dear wife and the Uppsala Mob. So today I decided to do a WoD that I had come up with on my own:

Boxjumps 100cm
Pull Ups
1-10-1 for time- 19:35

This was a lot harder than I thought- the box jumps had me breathing harder than I would have liked to- just gotta get back into the groove again!

That was it for now so until tomorrow

Much love

5 comments:

Bear said...

AMLAP - As Many Lines As Possible in what ever time!

Rolig variant, den bör testas!

Davie said...

Mads, my friend Derek will be in Lurgan - I will make sure he introduces himself to you!

Anonymous said...

Bear- I'll gt right on the challenge:-)

Davie- I look forward to meeting Derek, just let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys:-) Are you coming?

//Mads

mrjling said...

That box jump wod is insane. Very impressive.

Mads Jacobsen said...

Mrjling- Martin from CrossFit Uppsala just beat me by a minute.. What can I say?