Monday, August 31, 2009

Out of the woods?

I was talking to a friend of mine who had just gotten a cold, the other day. He shared a bit of wisdom with me, that I have decided to share with you!
He's argument was that women may go through pregnancy and giving birth, and that may all be really hard/painful/ taxing etc. but then again they have never felt the pain men go through when they get a cold!
I am not sure that I want to take the equation quite that far, but I do know that the regular cold is a lot harder on men than on women- we get a lot sicker- and therefore need more care!

As I am sure you have already figured out I have been down with a cold for a coulpe of days, and am steadily finding my way back. I have decided not to rush it, knowing that this kind oof foolishness more often than not results in another week in bed!
That is why I have not been blogging- who wants to hear the continuing story of cough and a sore throught?

So now I am back in the saddle and celebrated with doing a 3 rep 95kg OHS! After that my ego went on a rampage and led me to believe that I was once again invincible- so I did 40 pull ups! After that I went crazy and began havin g thoughts of greatness and that I ws going too kill the power snatch 400m run WoD..
That is where reality caught up with me a a 22 min WoD flanked by a complete loss of bodily functions was the end result- hence the caption- not out of the woods! I still have a ways to go!

CrossFit Challenge!

Have you signed up yet for the challenge in Halmstad? If not the get of you ass and get going! It looks like the good folks of CrossFit Ramstein are sending up some fierce competitors, and a verry enthustastic crowd- they are the hallmark of good spirits!
So lets give them a run for their money and sign up for a very funny competition!

I am also sure that we will all meet this weekend at the Swedish Championships in Solna- if you are not competing you had better be there to support the athletes!

Until tomorrow


Much love

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mads, jeg håber du overlever din forkølelse, hvor smerten er ligeså stor som at føe et barn ;-)). heldigvis har du aldrig været en pivskid så du ville tage en fødsel i stiv arm.
Knus og god bedring, skat.
Mor

David Englund said...

Imponerande PU trots rätt hög BW. OHS är ju som tidigare sagt tokigt starka!

Mads Jacobsen said...

David- säger du att jag är fet:-)

Richard said...

Men du ÄR ju fet Mads, sa jag och kom genast på att du i helgen sa att du vägde mindre än jag ; )

Vad blir det för uniform på lördag?

David Englund said...

Fet i den bemärkelsen att du är fett CrossFit kanske:)
Diggar kombinationen 3x95 OHS och 40 PU, jag tror jag inte ens har samma OHS siffror om jag ska se % av BW faktiskt.
Hmm, nu blev jag sugen på att testa!