Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flashdance?

While my better half is watching flashdance, I have decided to get back into the blogg sphere that I have had a tendency to dip in and out of. The ambition however is to become as good at keeping up the reports of battles fought and progress made, as the blogg masters of CrossFit Uppsala, David, Jon etc.
Even if I know that I still have a lot of ground to cover before I get there, I will make an honest attempt!

Today was a rest day and I had planned to reherse the progressions and lectures for the upcoming cert in Belguim, but I decided to actually take the day off. So instead of staying at work going through the papers, I decided to go home!

This bring me to the topic, or rather the question I wanted to ask you today. What do you do on your rest days? Do you rest? Do you spend the day making up a WoD that you have missed? Do you spend the day improving your skill set in moves that you feel you need to improve? Do you just go home spend time with your family, and then do everything you can to avoid having to watch a chick flick like Flashdance?
Please share how you spend your rest days, and why you have chosen to disperse of your rest days the way you have!

Well- tomorrow I was supposed to do fight gone bad, but instead I will either be working out with Martin Altemark, who is making a celebrity visit among us motals in el Stockolmo- or I will do the chipper that was the last workout of the Games this year! I am hoping to workout with Martin, but we will see how that plan works out:-) More on that tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing how you spend your rest days!

Much love

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Drops in here every now and then & here's a quick tip: Do it togheter!
Me and CF-Dave did it a couple of weeks ago and even though it was the worst 45 min(!) of my life I can't wait til I get to do it again... ;)

Jon Ivmark said...

On rest days I usually do just that, rest. I need it, both mentally and physically.

Every time I have added extra training I have found myself with a decreased work capacity as my body never recovers.

But maybe I'm just lazy ;)

Bear said...

Vanligtvis vårdar jag vilodagarna ömt, ofta med mycket mat inblandat. Kanske promenad eller något liknande. Nu när jag varit sjuk (eller andra tillfällen då man inte kunnat träna ordentligt) så blir jag dock för rastlös att ta ordentliga vilodagar.

Bear said...

Och Flahdance...chick flick? Nu förstår jag inte...

Mads Jacobsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mads Jacobsen said...

Ps- det kan vara jag som är helt ute och cycklar, men flashdance är en chick flick, precis som alla andra filmer som handlar om dans:-) Om inte man är genetisk utmanad och gillar sakker som Dame Edna- filmen Pricilla queen of the desssert- Schlager- Carola etc.....
Sen är ju jag dansk, och kan ha missat helt!

Mads Jacobsen said...

Jag brukar ha en tendens att vilja vara duktig på mina vilodagar, och öva teknik. dessa pass går sen ofta helt över styr, och det blir riktiga pass av det hela- Nu ska jag satsa på att verkligen vila!

Unknown said...

Jag brukade vila helt när jag följde 3-1,
någon mil på cykeln för att handla kaffe inne i stan kanske :)