Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wow that sucked!

I guess I could be a little more careful with my captions, but I expect parents with young and impressionable kids to monitor what their kids read about on the internet, so they don't get caught up in all this CrossFit jazz!

Let's not pretend it did'nt happen and admit that I did workout yesterday, and got my ass handed to me big time by the Crossfit Bear- who is, as it turns out a pathological liar! Noone cruises around the entire summer doing boathouse WoD's and then comes back and manhandles Martin and I the way the Bear did yesterday! I'm cool with being beaten, as long as it is by someone who has fought to do so:-)
Bear you are a monster, and I am super stoked that you were that fast! I am actually thinking about doing a couple of years of boathouse WoD's to catch up with you:-)

The WoD was:
Powercleans 82,5kg
Ring Dips
12-9-6-3 for time
My time 08:26 ( No! I am not going to let you know what the man beast got! 08:02)

I had some kind of plan to do 3 reps, breathe 3 deep breaths, and then go on, and continue like that all the way to the finish line- that went out the window pretty fast! I usually work out with chalk, but did'nt have any yesterday, so I kept loosing the grip on the bar and actually managed to drop a couple! I need to do more WoD's without chalk and get a stronger grip is the lesson learned from that!
I did kip on the ring dips, and if I remember correctly the Uppsala mob did'nt!!! I would love to do them strickt, but hey! I just want to get the job done, and move some mass fast, said the lazy dane!

Michal the polish predator came along yesterday as well and with a 60kg bar finished the WoD in 08:46.... this is his 3rd real CrossFit workout ever- if he desides to stick with it, he will be kicking ass and taking numbers real soon!

Well today is a rest day, that I am spending with my son, while my beautiful wife is enjoying the sun with some friends.. So the junior don and I are on our way to go get some icecream!

Until tomorrow my dear friends

Much love

1 comment:

Bear said...

Hahaha, boathouse WoD's fo life!