Friday, August 7, 2009

Enhance your calm!

This is a kick ass quote from a movie that is otherwise best enjoyed the day after some heavy drinking (I'd imagine) or some other sort of recreational activity that has rendered your brain useless... Maybe I could add puberty to the list? What do you think?

The "enhance your clam!" line- is given to Wesley Snipes, by a police officer of the future, right after he has thrown a guy through a window! My application is far less dramatic, but as opposed to the request made to Wesley Snipes- this one actually worked:-) I did'nt trhow anyone through a window! And the workout went smoother!

Yesterday it was time to do a WoD that could easily have been concived by doctor Evil, Blofeld or why not go big right away and say that it was the master plan of the man himself, Martin Altemark (with some help from the Bear)- while they had your favorite dane in mind:

500m row
21 Burpees
400m run

3 rounds for time!
Time 17:12

I'm actually ok with the row! Burpees however leave me sleepless for weeks, and I just absolutely hate them, primarily because I don't do them very well! That takes us to running which is another one of the avtivities that I hate because I do it so poorly. I think recordings of me runing have actually been used to torture people into admitting stuff they had never done- that is how ugly it is:-)
So needless to say the WoD yesterday was not fun:-) The good part is that the Polish Terminator Michal, came along and raced me to the finishline- had he not ben there I would have gone a lot slower!

What does all this have to do with enchancing ones calm? Well- I tried to take it easier at first (thats right -enhancing my calm) and then progressively going faster through the WoD- ie pacing myself, and it actually worked out really well. It will never be a fun WoD for me, but pacing myself made it bearable...

So today it's time to convince Michal to come along and a nasty little CrossFit Uppsala combo- more on how that goes tomorrow:-)

Much love

5 comments:

Bear said...

Or as we say in swedish "bakisrulle" :) Ska bli roligt att se hur det gick!

Martin Altemark said...

Du lär smiska mig hårt!

Anonymous said...

fick ordentligt smisk av the Bear och han precis förre Martin!

//Mads

Martin Altemark said...

"Precis". Nåja. Typ 20% snabbare. Danskar kan inte räkna.

Mads Jacobsen said...

Stämmer!