Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sometimes you do- sometimes you dont..

get it the way you wanted it!

Yesterday the plan was to either hook up with the Crossfit monarch from Uppsala, graciously visiting with the mortals in Stockholm- or to do the chipper from the 2009 CrossFit games! It all depended on how the day would turn out? would I have the time to work out in the afternoon or would I have to work out during the day?

As it turned out I could have done both, if I had not buried myself with the chipper!
In the morning it looked like I would have to pass on the workout with Load, Jling and Martin- so I called another friend and asked if he would like to come along for a workout- being the true Polish terminator that Michal is he took the challenge, and we made our way to Crossfit Haga!
I dont know what on earth made me think that the Chipper would be something right up my alley- but that was the initial thought, and I felt really amped for the workout! I dont know what Michal felt, but he looked very relaxed, which kind of freaked me out!

My result for the games 2009 chipper: 29:52!

Let me just share a few observations with you. The first cleans took their toll! The thrusters were a menace, and took forever to finish! I hate burpees altoghther! What a beast!
I should be able to shave a little time of this one, but it hurt like hell, and I felt really worked after I had done it....... So needles to say I'll do it again, and I look forward to it:-)
Michal battled it out and really great, chasing we all the way through it!

Later that day I found out that some of my clients actually have lives to attend to beside the CrossFit training that we do- so I got the rest of the day of..
I went home, spent some time with Jenny and Rasmus before we all went over to Västberga IP and met up with Load, Jling and Martin!
They were playing around in the rings doing stuff that would cost my battered shoulder several years of rehab- if I ever decided to try to do that!
They are all in super shape, so I tried to talk them into hanging out, eating candy, chips and about a dusin other things that would give me another day to play "catch up with the monsters"-but they declined gracefully and asked if I could recommend a WoD??
I just so happened to have an idea for a classic: 150 push ups, everytime you leave the push up position you pay with a 400m run- this is all done for time!
They batteled it out and really did perform very well- I forget the times, but I was really impressed with their efforts.
It was a pleassure to see Martin again and even if he will never admit I think he may be a force to be reconned with at the competition next month!
I was also a pleassure to meet Load and Jling in person, after having heard so much about them. They are super athletes and very enjoyable to hang out with! I hope to get to spend a lot more time with them in the future.. Even if that means that I will have to come up with a whole new batch of excuses as to why I got my ass kicked in every WoD we do together!

So much for now- today is a horrible little row-burpee- run combo! hmmmm

Much love

8 comments:

David Englund said...

Snyggt sub 30! Det är mitt mål när jag ger mig på den nästa gång, då ska jag ha mer energi i kroppen.

Håller med angående Martin, han är en seg och stark jäkel som inte har några svagheter.

Martin Altemark said...

Dude - stop exagerrating!

Nice too see ya!

Anonymous said...

Dude! stop being modest:-)

/Mads

rackempackem said...

Mycket kul att träffa er! Och ett stort tack för WODen - konstigt nog så tyckte jag om förödmjukelsen! Hoppas vi ses igen snart!

Charlie Palmblad said...

Schysst, testade på Chippern igår också... en riktigt svår nöt att knäcka...
för min del så gick det hyfsat framtill thrusters... haha..
min tid 33.13

Mads Jacobsen said...

David- precis som en annan gubbe jag känner, och han äter typ inte ens mat på halva dagen!

Load- nöjet var helt på min sida, nästa gång måste jag dock vara med och köra, även om jag redan nu ser vad som kommer hända då!

Charlie- grymt jobbat- personligen tyckte jag det var überjobbigt precis hela vägen:-)

Charlie Palmblad said...

Du har en viss poäng där ;)

mrjling said...

Skitkul att ses, låt det bli fler gånger!